Mental Health Forums

So Happy! (May Trigger)

Tan19

Last night I had reached absolute breaking point...

I'd never in my life felt as bad as I did last night

I had 100 percent decided I was going to end my life

I was staring out of my window and I felt complete numbness..

It was the first time I honestly didn't feel a thing no fear no anything

I had decided

Then all of a sudden my head started hurting SO much

It was as if someone had crushed my head together

It was excruciatingly bad

My chest was beating fast and I felt ready to pass out

I had to go and lie down

And ended up falling asleep

This morning I woke up and the urge to die had sort of drifted away

I still felt upset but I wasn't thinking about that anymore

I decided I need help right now

I started searching around on the net for counselling services

I can't wait 6 months for the gp to help me

And I phoned up a place called connexions

They told me I can get help there

And it would only take 2 weeks after my assessment next week to start getting a weekly counselling session

I am so happy

I feel like maybe this is the point where things can turn around for me?

Maybe I had to go through the hell of last night to actually realise I needed to push myself today

Do you think counselling works? Is it helpful?

I know it's not completely connected to my bpd but I can talk about my feelings and my mum

I'm hoping it's enough to help me become ok until my therapy for bpd starts in a few months

I'm feeling hopeful for once

I still have a lot of bad thoughts going around in my head

But they are trying to ruin this feeling

And I won't let it!

wow sometumes we need to get to a point so low that it makes us see that we need to change.

something was telling u and im glad u listened.

i really hope this is a turning point for u.

good luck

emo xx

I am so happy for you, dear Tanny! You are doing very well! They say counselling may help a lot, too!

I am really proud of you!

so pleased for you that you have reached a point where you can engage in some therapy, you should find it useful i did until my therapist left am now on the waiting list to see the new therapist nhave been on the waiting list for 2 years but i cant afford to pay for therapy. Good luck and i hope it works for you xx

Thankyou all for being so nice and supportive

I really hope it will help too

Im sort of placing alot of my hopes on it but will take it one step at a time xx

You are my dear, dear Tan! I amsure you can do it yourself and that you will have a wondeful life.

((((Tan)))) I am so sorry that you went through that last night but so happy that things have turned around and you don't want to let go of your life anymore.

I think you've done the right thing by not waiting the 6 months for your GP to help you and that you will be getting help so much sooner.

I really hope it helps you xxxx

Well done you! I'm so pleased you decided to sleep off that horrible horrible feeling of dispair and turned that into empowerment!

I have been counselling before and it's really refreshing to speak to someone who is unbiased and I hope you get a good one!

So proud of you hun! Just keep taking those baby steps, they are leading you in the right direction! Xxx

Well done you! I'm so pleased you decided to sleep off that horrible horrible feeling of dispair and turned that into empowerment!

I have been counselling before and it's really refreshing to speak to someone who is unbiased and I hope you get a good one!

So proud of you hun! Just keep taking those baby steps, they are leading you in the right direction! Xxx

Sometimes (((Tan))) I really do believe that we have to hit a real rock bottom like no other time, to do something different to bring about change. I really admire how you are able to put your experiences and feelings down so clearly in black and white. I'm sorry for how desperate you were feeling last night, but I am really glad that from this that you have been proactive and life saving and found some counselling prior to your waiting for GP therapy.xx Sounds very good news and very much a turning point.xx Huge hug for you.xxx

Archived