Mental Health Forums

I'm Doing The Best I Can

jades

ok well considering my dad is dying and i'm being dragged into all sorts of drama i don't want to be involved in and could give a flip about i'm surprisingly well. i have a cry every night when i call home and hear things are not going well with dad but i refuse to be destryed by it. i should do. there are loads of things that should have destroyed me by now, i could have a huge list by now, but i choose not to fall down. it's soul destrying not being to be there for mum and dad right now and i am so sick and tired of being dragged into drama i didn't ask to be and don't care to be but i am responsible for my happiness and my wellness and i know that much is true. the world could be ending but it's how u deal with it that matters, right. i have been in dance, gymnastics and cheerleading since i was two and it always has given me great joy and i do it still now sometimes 2 hours a night when i don't have marley and it makes me happy. i am able to do things i did in my teens and twenties and i enjoy it so much! i'm in the throws of incredible stress and constant gut wrenching/heartbraking and it seems neverending fights and having blame and guilt put on me but i'm happy as much as can be. i do what i can, i love every minute with my daughter, i make myself happy despite what's happening because i am in control of how i react to things and i decide not to be miserable or blame anyonelse. it's a terrible thing going on with my dad and i wish every second of everyday i could be there right now and for my daughter to know him but i have to carry on and that's what it is. i have danced since i was 2 and i still dance no matter what is going on and i am quite happy i can do it in private since it's for me and i never dance infront of people anymore (don't ask..things from the past) . but above all else and no matter what is thrown before me to deal with i am responsible in how i handle things and my mental health and i'm beyond wallowing and blame thank goodness!

aww ur all so sweet! thanks! pandora, morethanme, growlycat and pickle u've all been so very supportive and always replying to me in such a kind way and i thank u all ur all wonderful individually and collectively and i thank u all again xxxxx i always smile when i hear from any of u but when i hear from all of u...a huge smile thanks again! xxxx:)

Archived