Mental Health Forums

Pdoc Appt With Mumma In Tow

CrippleAndStarfish

So, wasn't a very nice appt, but there were positive outcomes again, so really think this post belongs here!!!

Had an appt with pdoc at 10 this morning. To put it bluntly, i was shitting it. After the way my CC has been with me, I've been really nervous about having to meet up with anyone from CMHT on my own....

CC was due to be at the appt with the pdoc today, too, and mum said she'd come with me for moral support, and also to act as witness should CC try to pull a stunt like she did with the other crap - doig something wrong (or not doing something at all!) then saying it was all imagined, and making out as though it's my MH illness rather than her fault and failings.

I was still really nervous, but we got there, and went in. CC was running late so went in and spoke to the doc with mum there. my pdoc is great, i really love her. She has done so much to help me, she really seems to not only understand, but to care, and she listens to me and never seems to be trying to rush me out and be rid of me, which makes a massive difference. She apologised for my medication being stopped, and informed me that the pdoc who had initiated that has now left the practice, and she apologised on his behalf, and said she'll do all she can to get me back on track as soon as possible.

She explained to mum that I should have been given a copy of my care plan, and that i'm within my right to complain, or if i can't do it personally for mum to do it for me, if my care plan isn't being followed or if i feel i'm needing more support but requests have gone unattended. She was really wonderful.

I tried to explain about how upsetting it was to feel rejected by someone who was supposed to be helping me and supposed to be a professional person who i could trust to provide some stability and consistency.... I got really upset, and mum took over the conversation and finished saying it for me, and explained about how she's noticed me slipping too, and how upsetting it is to know that her daughter isn't getting the support she needs, and has been promised. The doc said "i can understand that must be so distressing for you, Jordan, and I would be very upset and quite angry too, and I'm guessing that you're finding it hard to see how you can trust her following this..." and it was lovely that she seemed to just understand and to know how it had affected me, it really helped as i was reassured that she was paying attention.

Then my CC came and I was given a prescription by the doctor - pdoc explained that she doesn't want to put me back onto Quetiapine and Trazodone all at once, so i've got a prescription for the Quet to start with, see how i am after 2 weeks, and then can go back and see her and see if i need to go onto trazodone again too, or if quet needs upping, etc. She said she wants to monitor me closely and ensure i'm getting all the support i need and that she will do her best to make sure that she's making life as easy as she can for me.

And that was the meeting with pdoc done, so went into another room with CC, as mum requested a chat with her to sort all of this out with everything that had gone on.

CC was quite rude, when i said about how i'd phoned every day for 3 weeks leaving messages and being assured she would be in touch, but wasn't...... and then i was discharged out of the blue..... and she said "i find that very hard to believe, that you phoned at all, as i'd have received messages!" and my mum went "are you calling her a liar? Or is this the point where you say again that it's all in her head, cause she is, afterall, mentally ill?" and CC quickly backtracked and apologised and said that she'd already found out that it was a breakdown in communication and she had apologised to me for that, as she was the one at fault as she should have chased it up if she was thinking that she hadn't heard from me for weeks, despite how i'm supposed to have weekly check-ins......

Mum said "so why, just a minute ago, were you trying to say that it was Jordan's fault, then?" and CC didn't know what to do with herself, just apologised again. I think she didn't expect me to have told mum about the meeting before, and didn't think she knew much about what should have been happening, and what had actually happened, or she just expected mum to stay silent.

Anyway, to get to the point !!! - Mum has now got my CC to push therapy forward so i could be looking at starting in September, rather than having to wait for upto a year - 18 months, and i'm getting a support worker assigned to me too to help me look into and apply for starting a few courses and stuff to keep my busy, help me get back on track with learning, with the longer term goal of building myself up enough to go back to college!!!

Will meet support worker on either monday or tuesday, and will be getting started!! And i've got my meds sorted, so am feeling really positive, and so, so grateful for my mumma coming with me and helping me sort it all, and keeping me calm, as i'm sure that if i had to go on my own, i'd have either not turned up at all, or i'd have walked out, as i was so anxious and upset.

xxxx

is so lovely to hear that it got sorted, and go mum!! CC got owned! :masked:

really hope things get sorted for you hun and get better from now on, some people should NOT be in mh work and she is a good example of that.

well done for going hunnie must have been so hard and nerve-racking, much love hun xxxx

thanks sweetie. I know that was a really bloody long post! lol

Im really glad my mom went with me, and LOL yes CC did get owned! aha. She really shouldn't be working with people at all, i don't think!!

It was terrifying, and im still shaking, but starting to calm down now thankfully!! lots of love xxxx

They treated you terribly, and I am glad it went better today, thanks to your great Mum.

I suggest it would be a great idea for everybody to take as many supporters and witnesses for an appointment as you can, and to record on a voice recorder everything they say.

Im glad that yiur mum stuck up for u in this instance.

Strength in numbers.

Really great that at long last u r getting the help u so deserve.

Sometimes we have to kick theyre asses lol

good luck wiv therpy

mtm xx

Well done, it sounds like you got a few things sorted here, and you were assertive with your care coordinator which is just brilliant. I hope things go ok with the support worker. Having an ambition to go to college is great also :).

You did really well. its horrible what happened but you handled it well. Its great your mum was on your side.

yout cc sounds like my social worker except yours has even less excuse for being ignorant and unprofessional. thats no way to treat any other human being but especially not a vulnerable one

your pdoc sounds amazing, it must make a real difference.

Archived