Mental Health Forums

Stopping Abilify

Tray

Im thinking, well imsure, im going to stop my abilify. I am on 10mg a day but I am sure it is this that is making me so damn tired all the while. I have had blood tests that have ruled everything else out so it has to be my tablets. I am also on 40mg fluoxatine a day, but i have been on those before and felt great, well i was on 60mg before, so I dont think its that thats making me feel so rotten. Again today i have fallen asleep on the sofa while looking after Keera, its nopt fair on her. The housework is suffering as well, as I feel so tired, my body just feels heavy all the while. I have to see my pdoc in Aug so will mention to him that i have stopped... I just want to feel normal again :(

Ah okay, yeah I think a lot of antipsychotics make you very sleepy... can't remember what my friend was on, olanzapine, it totally zonked her out... :/ Hope you find what works, even if you maybe just reduce the dose as much as possible.xx

tray i hun i totally understand ur reasons but y not try spitting the tablet in half and se how that goes a bit i'd haate to see u have a total crash over it in the intrest of u and keera. maybe try a couple days with half the tablet ? see how that goes first? i know suddenly dropping a med can cause big problems maybe try taperring off first so u don't wind up in a wobble ...sorry don't know what i did to make this in bold type lol xxxxxxxxxhope u can find a happy balance xxxxxxxx :bigarmhug[1]::bigarmhug[1]: :bigarmhug[1]:

iv stopped them for 3 days now and the nightmares have started already, had a terrible nights sleep but on the plus side dont feel like sleeping yet today

thoughts are racing and im dreading today but i will get throu it x

i duno, i only assume its the anti psychotic as the tirdenss is a side effect, think there are some that dont, what are you going on x

I don't know. Going back to the doctors this Wednesday, I just know I'm going on them, I don't know which kind yet. Not had them kind before either. x

I split mine to 5mg and only take it at night. I could never handle it otherwise. Keeps drowsiness at bay so you can still function and reap the benefit. It only take 3 days to be affective when you start it up again.

Why don't you try 5mg a day? You might find that helps with the nightmares but you are not as tired as when you were on 10mg. I suggest you make an appointment with your GP next week and discuss this. I am worried that if you suddenly stop your medication you might have bad effects. How long have you been taking it?

I'm on Abilify too and they are great for the voices, I'm on 15mg but I take mine at night as they were making me fall asleep too. Do you take them in the morning? Maybe instead of stopping them, restart them but take about 9pm? I take mine at 9pm and I am ok by 7am. Plus how long have you been on them? I found the tiredness to wear off after a couple of months.xx

i take them of a nite, been on them since last year so the side effects should have worn off by now i would have thought,have an app to see my pdoc in a few weeks might try and bring it forward x

well still off the abilify, and my mind wont stop racing, i forgot how bad it can get, but on the plus side im not half as sleepy in the day already, though still not back to what i would call a nomal person but im gettin there i hope x

Cool, so would you say that the positives of not taking the drug are outweighing the negatives or vica versa? (i.e. better off them than on?)

xxx

Archived