Mental Health Forums

Spoil Yourself Atleast Once A Day!

LadyMacbeth

I think we all need to do something good for ourselves at least once a day even when we are feeling bad so starting this thread and maybe our inspiration can help eachother.

Its only 9:00am in the morning here and just woke up so will come back to this a little later. :)

i had a sleep for 2hrs thats being good to myself. :)

but can i have a peice of chocolate or a box for myself?

maybe i should share them with my daughter when my hubby goes to work and me and her can sit together and watch a movie like paddy has done.. i have never really done that..hmm that be me being good to myself and her :)

emma thanks for this post your a star :wub:

ok here is my plan of action this evening :)

ive tooken my second pill first step..

went to vid shop and grocery shop..got miss congeniality 2 (ofcause me and daughter can be girly :) ) 2nd is ladder 49 with gorgous travolter in it. (double yummy) ill prob be watching that alone daughter might of fallen a sleep by then.. but who knows!

ok grocery shop i bought bubble bath and had lovely bath and so has daughter.got popcorn and box of maltesers for munching with vid.

but before any of that is to eat some dinner ..

so hope everyone has not too bad evening will be seeing you all later on..

keep safe!

Oh, Barebones and Emma, this is IT!! :D (And its goiing in tonight's "5 grateful things", lol)

Ya'll are so inspiring... the good thing I did for myself night b4 last was watch Million Dollar Baby. It is awesome, but sad at the end. She has such dignity. Today, it is make a healthy dinner of roast with lots of veggies and seasonings- and some green tea. Soft pajamas. Maybe even wear a little perfume?

:) Thanks for being so wonderful.

PS, BB, that scene is just beautiful. Makes me want to walk into it and just breathe... thanks for putting it out there for all to see.

Your posting it made me wonder, what if we surrounded ourselves with what makes us feel joy? Like food, good healthy food and that picture- feed our minds beauty... just things and people that nurture and care? Of course there's a**holes around, but maybe if we've been so good to ourselves, they won't matter so much anymore?

{{{}}}

I'm thinking about this 'being good to yourself'. Yesterday I went to Perth with my parents and helped them pick a new sofabed which went well. Then I got an hour to run madly from shop to shop and between trying on shoes I went to Boots and got a microfibre hair-towel, a new pair of hairdressing scissors, a comb and a big bottle of Pantene Antibreakage conditioner (I'm growing my hair). In the evening my parents said what a good day it had been, and I'd enjoyed myself too. I trimmed the back of my hair to shape the bob and it looked good.

Well as much as I enjoy buying myself things, I wonder, because I feel even better when I do things to help other people. Like making a pizza for teatime (usually my dad does all the cooking). One of the things that makes me happy is making tea or coffee for my parents. And a couple of weeks ago I cut my friend's hair and then her boyfriend's and I was over the moon about that as they were both really pleased with it.

Of course those of you with kids who have to look after them the whole time may not see things this way!!

yeah, i LOVE spoiling people (and myself too) :)

i'm terrible, though. i'm always buying presents for other people and for myself.

like, because i got this job, i spent £50 on a pink leather filofax :o and i bought myself a new mug to take to work, and a little teddy holding a pink letter "P" to sit on my desk at work! :lol:

my sister always tells me off for buying her too many things (especially teddies), and i'm ALWAYS buying new things for my niece too. i cant help it.

the other day i saw this LOVELY little thing that i REALLY wanted to buy to send to someone, but it said "to a special friend" and i dont really have any.

then i saw something for "the one i love" and couldnt buy that either.

and when i'm looking for flats, my mum keeps going, "it would be so much cheaper if you had a bf to share with, then you could afford something lovely" :angry: yeah, thanx for reminding me.... :lol:

i want a cuddle. i want to go to bed now and have someone to hold me whilst i drift off to sleep...

here is a hug (( )) cant help on the other :( but hey maybe can dream of your dream man instead? hehe..

havnig somone in your bed aint all its cracked up to be lol.. when he moves about and steals the blanket i get real annoyed.. then having 10 furry creatures knawing at there cages aint much help either..

but anyway had a good evening with daughter.. but now im a bit narky for some reason.. guess im tired..

oh LH it wasnt really my idea i took it from paddy as she was going to be doing that today so i thought hey i think i will try that...

cuddles to all (( )) have good night..

i dont think my dream man exists...

nearest person to my dream man is in Ipswich somewhere. WITH HIS GF.

story of my life. :(

only ever met 3 men i thought were amazing. in my whole life.

none of them speak to me.

need a cuddle

I think you guys did great today! I think it also gives other people ideas to keep themselves occupied. Still not sure what I am going to do yet! :lol:

i am going to do all my housework early for a change so it looks nice before i do something nice for me .....im going to take this dog that im looking after for a walk as i havnt been out of my house since thursday......im going to cook a roast dinner ...........and later treat myself to a deep relaxing hot long bath and get into some clean pjs and have an early night

p.s a break from the kids wouls be nice but thats impossivble so ill keep dreaming lol........

Janie xxxx

Hi everybody {{{{cuddles}}}} to sea ;) and all who need it! Janie, sometimes housework is a good thing for us. How did you feel afterwards? BB, what are your 10 furry creatures?

I love to spoil my loved one's too... my husband, Mom and Dad always get the best of what I can give~ but its me that usually gets put last. It seems to be a woman thing (phenomenon from here? Nah, probably the same everywhere, he-hee.) When my nurturing gets out of balance, thats when the bad moods kick in :o (<--almost spelled "bad moose" LOL!) Anyway, it feels nice to do good things for everyone... we just need a little motivation for ourselves sometimes :D

Yesterday's good thing was to experiment with dinner, try something new- with NO self-torture involved, lol. When I started out, I said "No matter how this comes out, the important thing is having the freedom to be creative. If it sucks, we can go out to eat." It turned out really good!

While it was baking, I went through magazines for "soul cards" images- pictures you put together from magazines and other sources that speak to your soul, that says something about you, your facets- so you can create and SEE what your states of being and emotions look like- joy, inner child, sadness, exuberance, Spirit, rage, serenity. Some were ugly, some were blissful, but all were accepted. (Again, the no self torture thing applies here, too. :P )

Today's good thing was going to the gymn for the first time. Did better than I thought! Will be sore as all get out tomorrow, tho.

Pardon the crudity, Sea, but sometimes dream men aren't all that- they show their :bum: and fart, too.

Love inside and out, Linda

LOL LH

good for you going to the gym :)

och i ended up getting narky towards the end.. i was full up of pop corn and sweets and orange juice. but it was nice.

hmm what did i do that was nice on sunday for myself??

oh yeah took a bath and washed my hair.. doh i wasnt being to special lol to myself..

guess that was it..

let me think of what to do for today (monday) later when more awake..

oh yeah the 10 furry critters is 9 gerbils and a wee dawf hamster hehe

somewhere in the forum in general i posted pics of em long time ago now... im allways on about my critters lol

darn is it only me who is spoiling one self?

ok today i bought a mud pack for my mug of a face :) when i will use it thats another thought lol

oh yeah i spoiled my daughter and bought her some magic sand.. wish it was so magic that it cleaned up from itself when left laying about..:) hehe

oh yeah i bought a new belly ring and 2 eyebrow rings.. :)

ok fun over

Yesterday it was sooo hot in Manhattan that when I finally got to the train station I bought a lovely carmel mocha shake. :P

nice!!

oh god emma your torturing me when you say manhattan ( dont mean in cocktail either lol ) but its just a place where i would love to visit, so many places i would love to visit actually..

i spoiled myself nearly two years ago and went and visited a couple of online friends in montreal and val morine. lovely place.. i feel itchy feet again.. :)

I take my coffee outside in the morning. It's such a simple thing but probably the most pleasurable thing I do all day. I watch the birds in their bath and chase eachother around and listen to all the singing. It's so relaxing.

BB-You don't want to go to Manhattan right now it feels like a stinky sauna right now. Yuck!

Ann-I love sitting outside drinking a coffee. Used to do that at school in the morning around 6 am it was so quiet and peaceful. I would like to do that today actually. Maybe when it cools down.

Im going to watch Bad Girls,its so bad its brilliant!

Might end the night by stealing some of daughters smelly stuff and have a two hour bath with a good book.

Patricia

Hi {{{{{everybody}}}} Paddy, wasn't Bad Girls a girl westen? I remember seeing one~ it was good, too. That carmel mocha shake sounds GOOD.

I love hearing about your coffee outside, me too :) When the mosquitos aren't bad and its not so hot. Early in the am is the best time. Aaaahhhh.

I spoiled myself yesterday by sitting on the couch all day (hence the bazillion posts, lol). Unfortunately, its caused by tonsilitis- thats OK. it'll pass.

But today? I think I'll get spoiled by some frozen popsicles or fudgesicles, yum yum!

Linda

Bad Girls is an incredibly tacky tv programme about a womens prison,some of the one liners are hilarious,I just laughed my way through an hour and a half of it,thought maybe I was slightly hyper but daughter was laughing too so either my daughters slightly deranged like myself or else its the programme.

Hope its the programme mind you!

Patricia

Bad Girls is an incredibly tacky tv programme about a womens prison,some of the one liners are hilarious,I just laughed my way through an hour and a half of it,thought maybe I was slightly hyper but daughter was laughing too so either my daughters slightly deranged like myself or else its the programme.

Hope its the programme mind you!

Patricia

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Patricia, don't worry. Ever hear of south park?? Its so deranged...but funnnnnny! They go off on everybody.

The good thing I did today was therapy and allow m'self one huge puking post, lol. Oh, we did go out to Ruby Tuesdays and I got some wonderful fattening pasta- yuuumy.

How bout ya'll?

{{{}}}} cuddles

Archived