Mental Health Forums

Justice Finally!

jades

not sure this is really a good day in recovery but... my cousin k whom is my best friend and mide as well be my sister, well she was raped in her home in colorado awhile ago. she was devistated and understandably. she wanted to give up the art gallery she runs but i talked her out of it but she did put her big condo up for sale...i can't blame her. anyway she's had a real rough time and it's sad i can relate in a way that i've been raped too but i think it helped her alot to speak to me. soooo the great news! ...they caught her rapist! he was a real piece of shit and has loads of charges against him. i know it won't erase what happened to her but at least we know he was caught mainly because of the evidence left in her house. he's been given a 3 million dollar bail, i didn't think that was even possible! but it is.at least we know he won't walk on this! so i'm hoping with all the charges against him my k won't have to testify in court and he'll plea bargin. my k has had a horrific time and we have been in close touch since it happened. in a way i'm happy for her he got caught but i know what issues that can be brought up and her condo is due to close on sale soon. i truely hope she can get her life back...she didn't deserve it at all and she has always been absolutely brilliant! at the same time i know this is stressing her and bringing it all back so i hope we can keep her safe and moving forward, and i really hope she doesn't have to face him in court...she's been thru enought

Glad that he was caught and I hope the culprit pleads guilty, Good luck to your cousin and good on you for listening and being there for her.xxxx

That's brilliant that he's been caught Jades,

hope too that the trial is straight forward and it doesn't bring up too much for cousin K

x

thanks growly cat ...again ur too good to me :) and thanks silverwolf i hope so too but he's up for sooo many charges including suspected murder ( which make me thankmy lucky stars for my cousin!) i'm hoping rape is the least of his problems right now really hoping she doesn't have to go say a word. she sold her really nice condo now and i talked her into keeping her job as manager of denvers most prostigious art gallery. she's getting there really don't want her to have a set back. we are all so glad he's been caught...from what we know he's accused of murder, major theft and several home invasions leading to rape. i hope the scum bag fries! with a 3 million dollar bail he aint going anywhere and i'm sure he will have a rough time in prison , if hes not killed..which i kinda hope he aint so he can suffer many years for this! xxxx

Really glad justice has been served for you and your cousin, I've been raped also and I wished justice would of been kind to me but as I was only 6 I'm not sure anyone would of believed me! Let me know what happens xxx

thanks noodles! i'm terribly sorry it has happened to u too! i've had it happen to me as well so i can empathise, i've never gone after my rapist was too scared too and thought the exact same thing as u . my cousin k came home and the guy caught had broken into her house and was waiting for her. since they caught him he's been booked for several home invasion rapes , murder and a laundry list of other things so i can be quite certain he won't walk, especially since they set his bail so increadibly high. given his charges he will spend his sentance in a tiny cell in isolation for his life only getting 1 hour possibly a day in a pen outside by himself , otherwise he'd be killed in prison right off...let's hope that's enough of a hell for him! when i know more i'll be sure to update! my cousin k has been put back to day one with all this , like it just happened again so she and i are talking alot and all the family is banding around her. hopefully this will get thru court quite quick and she won't be dragged in, we think it's best she try to walk thru everyday and move forwards and this is making her go a bit backwards which is totally understandable . we're also trying to keep it all out of the press as much as possible, that would be an absolute nightmare for her. xxxxx

So happy your there for each other! That disgusting human being deserves any hell that will come his way and my love and thoughts are with you both :) looking forward to hearing how long he's gonna get locked up for xxxx

thanks noodles , couldn't have said it better actually! i appreciate u caring and being supportive big hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxthanks xxxxxxx

Archived