Mental Health Forums

Concerns

JasmineRose

I never thought I would need to post in an ED forum ever again. I thought I was recovered.

Things have been difficult, with avoiding being at home at noisy times, so not eating right - and not fully caring that I don't. And then the IBS limiting my diet. All of this has made me quite restrictive again. And I've lost some weight.

I didn't realise quite how serious it was until my therapist confronted me about it this morning. I promised to speak to my GP about it when I see her tomorrow. Though part of me totally doesn't want that.

I guess... I would like some support really, please.

You have lovely dolls on your Avatar,JasmineRose.Have you tried kaolin for your tummy?

I think you are right to see your GP about this Jasminerose, do you feel that your IBS is giving you a lot of anxiety about food? :hug2: xxx

Thanks for your replies.

Nope, not tried kaolin.

Yes, IBS does bring anxiety, but it's particularly the home 'stuff' on top of that that hasn't been helping.

I'm not sure if I can say how much weight I've lost, but I didn't realise quite how much myself until I got on the scales this evening.

i have live with ed since i was 8 with some years of repreave in and out. when i get totally stressed out i get ibs too. the gp gave me peppermint oil pill that helped quite a bit and sometimes i had to take mild pain killers too (but not nuerophen , that makes ur stomach quite upset). stress bring ibs , ibs brings stress and finding a way to cope with it all is hard. until u can see a gp i'd try peppermint tea..helped me alot! no one should ask u ur weight i think really that just leads to compitition or guilt...imo. u know urself if this is deep down u having such discomfort of ibs or u going back to ed to cope. no one should question u on that it's u who knows. from what i can get from ur post it wasn't intentional and u want to sort it. so peepermint tea till u can see a gp and get peppermint oil pills , i'd swear by them xxxxxx

i'm ed on and off - i don't think it will ever go away...

((((((hugs)))))) jasmine - i'm glad you are going to the doctor - sometimes it really is the best thing to do...

I've got Peppermint Oil capsules from the healthfood, shop, Jades. :)

It helps some - but only when I eat the 'right' foods.

The anorexia [because it is, although it's the split off me that's anorexic, not me, but obvs it effects MY body...] is partly from stressors 'needing' control, but also over control due to IBS.

Thank you both..

I'm seeing my GP anyway, and she does have the sole 'care' of me during August, so it's right that she knows. Just, well, I still have a hard time accepting how serious this is. I am at my lowest weight, the weight I was at when very ill on my previous medication, which was the totally wrong one for me, when I had nausea all the time etc. But I guess I look healthier in a way because I have more of a sense of myself and am eating mostly healthy foods rather than all junk - though chocolate is still a weakness of mine.

i can tell u i was 23 marked terminal for anorexia in hospital. i had come in and was suspected of in the process of a heart attack, i have a floating hyatus hernia (meaning my stomach is half way up my throat fron extreme bulimia). i am now about to be 35 and have a baba about to be 2. i have bp problems and now they suspect it's due to my anorexia. but what i do know when i get upset ibs kicks in sooo hard and it's hard to find the right foods. some have too much fiber some too much fat , it all causes stress , which can be even harder. take care keep trying u'll find ur way xxxxx

Ive got annorexia too but at mo its stable

U r being mindful and going for help before this part of u becomes uncontrolable

this is good.

Take care xx

im not sure it ever goes away either

it sort of lurks in the background all the time even wen u think its gone.

Theres a part of me thats always thinking about calories even if im not

Thank you both.

My IBS is badly triggered by fibre, and wheat and gluten... and sweet things, though I would refute that....

I just feel so sad and scared.

do you see a dietician?...I think it would be good if your doctor could refer you to one if you don't already have access because a dietician could help you create a good diet around your intolerances. xxx

let me ask u...are u scared because u feel u may be restricing or that ur body is casing u to restict? do u worry this is leading u back down the wrong path? can u differntiate from what ur body is saying to u and what ur mind might? i know that seems harsh (i will say that u being concerned and upset points to not u but ur body) but are u questioning urself? if so do u think it's founded or maybe and extreme worry that u will return to anorexia? i know it's alot of questions but i also know how it can make u crazy and question what ur doing vs what ur body is doing...if that makes sence? u really need to think and seperate...do u get an upset stomach from stress and ibs..or because u don't like what ur eating? from what i've read i'd tend to think u are the ibs route and perhaps worrying urself into a state. but these are hard lines u need to draw for urself which will make the foods u can't tollerate now much easier to accept and move forward with without such guilt...which is probably adding to things tbh. if u can destinguish this is something going on perhaps from stress or the past abuse of ur body and it probably won't be forever i think u'll feel more positive that this is a hurdle to overcome toward freedom.it's all swings and roundabouts at any point of recovery so i hope this makes some sence to u ? xxxxx

Hi JasmineRose

Just want you to know my thoughts are with you and sending you a big cyber hug :hug2: !! I am also a sufferer of anorexia and IBS and am currently on the downhill slippery slope with it. Was shocked to find this week that I only weigh 2 kilos more than when I was admitted into an eating disorder unit 10 years ago and my 12 year old daughter is now heavier than me!! I also have IBS and, after seeing a dietitian over many months, have found that my IBS is made worse by insoluble fibre which is things like fruit, tomatoes, sweetcorn (especially the skins and seeds), even wheatgerm which is in brown bread, pasta and lots of wheat-based breakfast cereals. Have had to swap to white bread and oat-based cereal but I still have waaaayy too much fruit and veg as that makes up the bulk of my anorexic daily diet!! So I don't really do much to help myself.

Hope you had a good nights sleep?

Love kensa xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you kensa.

I'll reply to yours and Jades' posts hopefully after work.

I also need to update on how it went at my GPs.

that's understandable really. i couldn't tell u more than u already know that it's all in the head really but as i have wobbles myself it doesn't really register that much. if it helps take ur "safe " foods and add one a week or two and take it slow till u add a bit more ur safe with. eating safe foods several times a day add maybe one is better than trying to let go with it only to end up at square one. have ur safe foods each day several times and try to add a carb. accept and get used to it then add on. maybe it won't be as stressfull. i think ur doing brilliant to try to break free and we all have setbacks, hell i remember throwing low calorie bread one slice at a time out my back door screaming at it if it helps or puts what ur going thru in perspective :) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Archived