Mental Health Forums

Medication Free Night

Data

Last night I had my first alcohol and medication free night in years. I slept from about 1am-6.30am completely undrugged and sober :D.

Also I went to the hospital yesterday and apparently the results from my CPAP treatment are excellent. I have to wear a breathing mask at night because of my sleep apnoea. But the technician said the results are the best she has ever seen! So I am not in danger of losing my driving licence.

Because I've been less tired in the day, I am more positive and my work is coming on really well :D.

Thanks OrangeLamp!

Also I'd like to add that its ok by the doctor for me to discontinue my medication - because the prescription just says "take up to 6 tablets a day". I have been weaning myself off it for some time using my tablet cutter, and it looks like it is working. I will see how I go but I might take 1/2 tablet every alternate day for a week, just to help my body get used to it.

And the weather is sunny this weekend also :D. That means I get to go on one of my countryside walks. Here's a photo of me having some fresh air a couple of weeks ago!

25.jpg?t=1341915423

Thanks Tray :).

I still have a box of tablets in my drawer so I have the comfort of knowing that if I have a bad night (like I had 2 days ago), that I can take 1-2 tablets before bed and I'll sleep calmly. But, I am hoping that will only be on rare occasions.

Agree with the other posters, your first nights sleep without meds/ or anything else you may have been used to is a BIG DEAL!

Glad your phys. health is improving too mate. Take care xx am

Archived