Mental Health Forums

Mums Funeral

Fanta

Tomorrow is mums funeral, Which is obvious is going to be a very sad day, It will be a final goodbye.

My family have done nothing but argue they are an embarrassment I have kept my mouth shut due to respect for mum, There is so much stuff going on and I might explain here one day,

Mum was a very kind person and did not deserve to die, It was very sudden and I am so shocked this happened, I didn't get the chance to tell her how much she meant to meant to me.

I feel so anxious and scared about tomorrow :( xx

Sending some love and hugs :hug2:your way then. Be gentle with your heart and put your family at arms length when you need for your own well being. xoxo

*I wrote my father a letter in my journal after the funeral, it really helped.

(((Growly)))

Like Sahar I to wrote a goodbye letter to my mum,

after she passed as we didn't get to hosp in time before she died.

It helped to be able to say what i wanted to tell her,

even though she obv never physically read it but i like to think that somehow she now knows it

x

I hope tomorrow goes well for you and family m'darling, And in a way I don't think it will be a final goodbye for her... Because you can never say goodbye from them from our heart and mind...

And I can understand some what, Of what you might be going through to do with your family keep fighting with each other... And I am very sure she knew how much she meant to you sweetheart!!!

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow and please do take care!!!...

Funerals are always hard and I am so sorry that you're family isn't showing the respect that she deserves. I hope that you have seen her in the funeral home and told her how you felt then - you should be so proud of yourself - you loved her, forget about what the family are saying. Make tomorrow about you and your Mum. I wish you all the most gentlest hugs and wishes in the world for tomorrow xxxx

I never got there in time when my Dad died but I saw him in the funeral home and he took my tears to his grave and I think Silverwolf's idea is a really good one that she can take with her xx

Thank you

I have wrote a letter that I am reading out in church I am rather nervous about that, I might get someone else to do that for me I will see what kind of emotion/mood I feel :(

I so wish everything runs smoothly tomorrow, I don't want fighting and arguing.x

hun it's gonna be a very hard day i know. please remember this is you being there to honor her. if everyonelse chooses to deal with it by arguing...maybe that's how they are dealing...maybe they are selfish or it's their way of dealing but please don't let it affect u! everyone deals with it different ways and some people i have experienced would much rather find a fault to argue over rather than deal with the anger and loss of the loved one. it will be hard it will make u feel like ur heart is gonna jump out of ur throat and the tears may be something ur fighting back. what i want u to know is thisisn't the only goodbye u will have she will be with u in heart and mind, she will live there forever. this is the official act of goodbye and it will be heartbreaking so if what u have written u feel u can't handle to say plan for someone to take over, u need the oppertunity to feel and cry u don't have to be strong tho u want to be. if u feel like breaking down...then do, it'll probably help u in this to be tru to how u feel. arguments , drama ...that's other people and their selfishness or inability to cope please just focus on u and ur mum. above all else i'll tell u...u will do and deal with the way u do but u should never feel guilty , like it wasn't enough or whatever. in the end she knows how much u love her and she loves you so please don't put expectations on urself. cry to bits if it's what u feel, be increadibly strong if it's what u need to do to get thru no matter what u do it will never be wrong. she will live in u in memories, in ur heart and who u are because she had everything to do with who u are. it's a goodbye , a serious one but she will never be gone from u ever except in the physical sense and i know it's absolutely devestating but she lives on thru u and in your heart. that's the thing about mothers ...they give u life and u are just as much a part of them as they are u . u are in part who u are because of her and tho it's tragic she's gone ...u and she are forever a part of eachother , u will always be her heart no matter what and u will always be hers. sending u all my love and stregnth. and all the hugs in the world. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :bigarmhug[1]: :bigarmhug[1]: :bigarmhug[1]:

Thank you everyone for you thoughts.

The funeral was very sad :( Service was lovely, I buried my letter with mum, There were no arguments either thankfully.

It still doesn't feel real :( xxx

I'm glad there were no arguments and that the service was nice.

I think you are probably still in shock sweets which is why it still doesn't seem real - it will take some time and look after yourself xxxx

Growly xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We're here for you - everyone here sending you lots of love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• 2 weeks later...

Growly,

I have thinking about your post and I know it was nearly 2 weeks ago.

Been hoping that it was a peaceful funeral and you all got to say goodbye and that your family have managed to sort themselves out .

Love R x

glad ther was no big drama or upset. i'm especially happy u could focus on saying goodbye and i think the letter was a brilliant thing to do! big huge hugs xxxx

Archived