Mental Health Forums

Quetiapine / Seroquel

InterruptedHappiness

Has anyone been on this I've been on it over a year now and even though the psych and online insists they are one of the few anti psych meds that have not as many side affects! Since being on them I've lost my menstrual cycle..and I have agonizing dull aches in my thighs atleast once a week..I hate it..but is this worth is compared to the affects of other anti psychotics?! X

Hey there :)

I've been off and on seroquel for about 2ish years now, it really helps me. The only side effects that really bother me are that i get restless legs which drives me insane!!! and I feel soooo hungover and out of it, like i have a cloud around my head, until about lunchtime the next day.

It's the best anti-p i've been on, and wouldn't wanna change it. Know it has given some people a fair few problems though. xx

I've been on 600mg aday for 18 months now, yeah i think it works well for me. I do have the odd times when i cant bring myself to take my meds but the pro's always say if i take the quetiapine they wont worry about the others for a few days.

I thought this worked well for me in the sense it stabilized my mood...I came off it though because of how tired I still was even after being on it for a year. It also made me INCREDIBLY hungry which I found hard to manage. When I came of it I also noticed that it had merely been flattening my moods/emotions rather than stabilizing them.

I know lots of people who take this drug and it works for them. I guess you have to weigh up the pros and cons - the cons for me outweighed the pros so I came off it

Take care :) xx

Thankyou for all your replies I'm very grateful..I do believe that these meds are doing me better than any other anti psychs I've been on such as haloperidol and olanzipine I haven't tried aspirin for it but I will give it a go so thanks! I've used this cream that you rub into your legs muscle rub but prescription one it helped but usually can't tell when these pains are due..has any female had problems with their menstrual cycle on quetiapine?! Hope you are all well x kim

Archived