Mental Health Forums

Start Cbt Friday

Fanta

Got my letter today to start CBT Friday but somehow it doesn't feel right, I am not sure if I am ready, I have been waiting so long for this but since mum died I had forgotten about it until I got the letter today. I am in 2 minds whether to do this now.

May be they will help you with your bereavment, Growly? They really should.A good therapist should support you through this difficult time.

I agree with Nat in that they should be able to help with your grief. Perhaps you could give them a call and let them know what has happened and talk things through with them. xx

Thanks, Yeah I think you're all right I guess I have nothing to lose, Will give it a try.xx I have run out of likes but will come back when I get some more.x

It was a stupid assessment again, I already have done one of these over the telephone so why do one again? Waste of time :confused:

Anyway they said I am now top of the list and should start very soon.xx

Seems like never ending assessments at times doesn't it?

Disheartening.

I hope it is not long until you start CBT. xx

I'm glad your top of the list. I know, everything seems so pointless. when i was trying to get help from the cmht i filled in a long form, went to be assesed by a cpn and asked all the same questions, went to drama therapy and got same questions, saw a social worker and got same questions, after unknowingly discharging myself i was sent the long form again.

its so frustrating but i'm glad you are top of the list and i really hope you will hear from them soon xxx

• 2 weeks later...

I got a call from them yesterday, I have appointment this afternoon for another assessment and then it will be regular appointments.x

Archived