Mental Health Forums

Back On Serequel/quetiapin

Tray

been to see the pdoc today, told him i had stopped the abilify he wasnt happy but has decieded to start me on the above 25-50mg a nite. i took it for about 2 weeks before, and then found out i was preg so had to stop, but he wants me to give them a try again, if they dont suit then i have to try summat else. he also wasnt happy with my drinking and was concerned about my self harm. he is again trying to sort out anger management for me and a new cpn. he also mentioned about social services again and that i dont want them to get involved with keeras care so i need to stop self harming

Hi Tray,

Main s/effect for me was craving aweet things like biscuits, and not being able to wake up properly, gravity x 2.

I think they dull emotions rather than 'balance' them.

I'm on 25mg PRN and i relly notice the s/effects the next day. mmm OREOS!!!!

Wishing you all the best in giving up s/h. Take care of y'self xx am

hi tray, I did take 150 a day, but cut it down and take it every now and again, as a prn 25mgs knocks me out now but when you build it up its not so bad. watch the appetite and yes groggy in the morning but you can work through this. But as I take other things too I felt it was not needed on top of them.

hope it goes well, I have seen many posts on here that have had real postive results for people and people take way above 150mgs x

well i slept for a bit but was awake between 2 and 4 just couldnt settle back down. had some right weird dreams as well! i got up at 7-45 and have had a cup of tea and breakfast instead of dozing on the sofa. feel a bit sick but otherwise ok, going to the fair today with keera so will keep me busy. xxx

I usually take 25mg of quetiapine at night and I find the sedation helpful in getting to sleep. If I am really upset and anxious and craving alcohol then I take 50mg.

All drugs have side effects and many of them are rare. The appetite one is well known with quetiapine but personally I find it hard to work out whether my food cravings are due to the drug or whether they would be there anyway.

I hope you enjoy the fair with Keera.

Archived