Mental Health Forums

Brought Forward....anxious.

Dibley

I had an appointment for my first session on the 24th of this month. I cancelled it because it is mine and Pauls anniversary. They just called me back now with another appointment. NEXT Wednesday. I didn't image it would be so soon. I'm scared. I'm anxious. There doesn't seem to be much time to take it in. I know it's a week away, but it's next week.

The sooner I go, the sooner I can maybe get better, but next week! It's so near. Really anxious, struggling to breathe.

Hey DH, can understand you being anxious hun, but this is a really positive step, and i'm so glad that you're getting cbt, as it really could help you. I know when i did cbt a few years ago, i learnt some great things that i still find valuable and useful today.

How can you lessen your anx, hun? try some things to relax you, i know it's gonna be scary, it's new afterall, and important to you, but have every confidence that it will all go well.

thinking of you, and around if you're wanting to talk xxx

I think I'm ok now. Been quite busy at work, and it's calmed me down a little.

I'll be scared next week though, but I need it, and the sooner it comes the sooner my head can get better.

I'm just worried about so many things to do with it :ashamed0005: xx

DH you have been needing this and wanting it for so long. I know it is scary to try and get help, maybe what would be best, is to print out some of your posts here and take them, especially if you are afraid you won't be able to talk.

xoxxo

sah

That's a good idea. I'm not sure how I'll be able to speak to them, and I don't want to be referred back to my doctor again. xx

Hiya DH, maybe it is better that you will get the 1st one over with sooner- always the worst for nerves.

I hope the cbt helps, it helped me a few yrs ago , so wishing you all the best - you are doing the right thing, take care xx am

Archived