Mental Health Forums

Referred To Cmht

AppleCrumble

Hi,

So I had my 2nd CBT session last Thursday, and at the end we were talking about general feelings (there's a questionnaire every week) anyway. I'd been feeling suicidal pretty much constantly - and so she referred me to CMHT. They phoned me yesterday to let me know that I could have an appointment on Friday (tomorrow) at 11.

Bit nervous - not sure why...my back up plan is life, so I'm trying not to mess up that in case the alternative doesn't work out...so it's a bit annoying that I'm missing the morning off work :/ but anyway...

Anyone been to a first ever appointment with them? WHat was it like? They said I could bring someone with me, but there's no one that knows what a bitch I've been to my partner, and I don't really talk to anyone about my feelings other than just saying I feel shit...

Just worried in case being by myself puts me at a disadvantage...

saw Crisis team a few months ago, then a crisis psychiatrist... and they didn't really do much - changed meds and sent me to CBT. Saw the CBT person, who said if it didn't work there was other stuff they could try. Not really been involved with MH system since I was a teen age 13-14. Now I'm approaching 23 - 10+ years of feeling shit, numb bored, pointless, worthless and like my life isn't my own....

Any advice? Don't want to just be given up on again. :-( I know I could write stuff down to give to them, but they tend to ask questions I'd guess, in which case I don't want to mess up their plan...

Hmm the only advice I got is just be YOU, And as honest as you can be I guess :, Sorry its not helpful at all for you m'dear...

But I hope it goes well for you and good luck :]...

P.S If you want to write stuff down, You want to share with them, Then do it... Do what you feel best with, Don't worry about messing up their plans, They're there to help you and listen to you...

Archived