Mental Health Forums

Overeating

absent

Hi,

my main problem is that icant stol eating until everything in the fridge is finished. I used to be on Ad that helped me regulate my eating byrl reducing my appetite, but the current ones have the opposite effect.

So my question is how do u guys stop eating and restrain yourself.

Hi

I can so totally relate.. I could have written this exact post myself. I did go some months last year where I went the exact opposite way and I didn't eat anything but that wasn't healthy either. I am unable to do a weekly food shop because if food is in my house then I eat it all. I even had 3, yes three, jacket potatoes the other day just because they were in my kitchen. I have no idea how to self regulate when it comes to food I'm afraid. I'm personally normally ok if I'm in company.. it's more when I'm alone that I totally overeat.

Sorry no useful feedback there.. I truly have no idea. I guess the way I try is by not buying food in bulk. But that gets annoying because I have to do mini food shops most days.

x

I had to change anti-D, as the Mirtazapine was making me eat despite practically throwing up at the time due to having eating so much (not throwing up on purpose)... :/

Jenny i have the same problem with shopping and cooking, that is why i cook only for one meal and buy mainly fruits and veg. I will sometimes eat or trow away all the food so there is nothing to tempt me.

I thing the problems is not lack of self control, because ive been on medication where i dont feel the need to eat so much. (antidepressant), though i am diagnosed now with bpd which is characterized with poor self image. I dont think thats it.

Apple crumble I'm. on the same Ad and will request a change. i do overeat without it so thing now are really bad! I just am not sure what to say the doctor. What ad r u on now?

Hi there Absent,

I have bulimia and struggle to regulate food intake.

I drink latteS to fill me up so I don't want food. I know what you mean about eating all the stuff in the cupboards.

A psychotherapist once told me you had to put off eating and extend it...extend it...extend it-the time that is.

Heck I wish I could say more but I can't really because I struggle myself.

Best wishes

xx

Thanks rufusmo. I also drink a lot of stuff and came up with the idea to use not chewable mints.

the posponing idea sounds like the only option i guess. apart from changing meds. I will try that.

I really have no idea what to say to the doctor. I think if I say I have an eating problem from the AD he might decide I have Body dismorphic (which I don't think I have).

I'm posting this just to see if any one can relate, This is when it gets really bad, when you've eaten all you've got, and all is left is usually butter, If you have cheese you cut thin slices of cheese and put thick ones of butter and some mustard and you have non-bread sandwich. When you finish the cheese you dig in the butter or spread. :cheff:

erm, yes - will eat more or less anything when in a bad place and more or less nothing when in a different bad place. i have stopped eating breakfast or lunch (again) and had to put three new holes in my belt in the last month... i am now down to about the same size i was 35 years ago when i was 18. have been here before, but the question is whether i can stop - i hate my body so much... i know i'm not supposed to but...

Gladly for me he switched me to another medication. i dont think he beloeved me in the beginning. Got some sleeling ppl ills as well.

well he had doubts, i could see but i do cry a lpt and explained how bad it feels and it does add to my fatoque. He switched me back to an ssri called escitalopram or cirpalex. Ive been on citalopram but this one is a bit different. I hope at least doesnt affect my eating.

Mirtazapine had very strong sedating effect but couldnt help me have a healthy sleep the whole nigh

I just realized what has been a huge factor (apart from meds) about control my eating. The people I live with (which have been absent for the last week). It is like not overeating infron of other people (which I cannot really control as needed).

Ah I've heard that escil..... is a good one... activates the right receptors or whatever without having the useless side effects from it activating another receptor or something...

Archived