Mental Health Forums

Anxious After Eating?

tattoogirl

Anyone else get really anxious after eating something they shouldnt?

Ive been put on a 1500 cal diet and Im not doing too well on it, sometimes i just gorb on something and its too late and i eat, i eat when im anxious and then after i feel so bad and guilty and even more anxious, especially if its sweets or chocolate.

Hate this feeling of irrational decisions of eating random crap then feeling like poop after!

Oh yeah i can so relate to this...with me all i can think of from the moment i get up is eating especially if I can get chocolate after I have eaten it I feel so low to the point of having to get rid of everything in me afterwards.

If I can distract myself with something like drawing or going on internet it helps me avoid thinking about food, but it doesn't always work. xxx

Me too, i know after i eat anything i start to see myself grow in size which then leads to me going in to our gym. Not such a bad thing you say, but it is because i know i am burning far too many calories to what i have eaten. I try and stick to 300 calories a day.

I do that too. I try to stick to 700 calories and I will exercise until I've burnt what I know I will eat. I always the add calories for the entire day an then cycle to make sure I burn it.

• 2 weeks later...

bindge eating again, i feel so awful, so fat, so frustrated, emotional eating sucks, need to take control of this but i cant help putting things in my mouth, so frustrating!

I am the same.. wake up...thinking "what, when and where will I eatong first' I have a strange habit with chocolate.. ill buy a milky way.. and just eat the chocolate off the outside.. some days ill do a whole pack like this and feel like rubbish afterwards.. I have apps on my phone to count calories.. aiming to lose weight.. but never do.. do I need more determination.. do other people do this? How do. They cope? I'm s recovered anorexic so am worried it may be the start of a relapse as I've started obsessing about exercise.. hmm.. confused. It's weird though because I'd never say I binge eat.. but I do.. how do people distract themselves?

another day of binging, although its probably not alot of binging compared to most people, i just feel disgusting and horrible, its because im so anxious i just keep eating,

Archived