Mental Health Forums

Commitment To Life Contract

catsmother21

I know there are quite a few people really struggling at the moment and so I wanted to share something that my CPN gave to me the other day. I haven't filled mine in yet as you can see it is still blank but my CPN said that even if I can find the tiniest things to hold onto then it will help to get me through this.

oops Apple Crumble you took the words out of my mouth.

I can read it and see it is a good idea for everyone else but just cant commit to living or find any positive self talk at the moment everything is just too hard (sorry).

I'm glad that people are finding it helpful.

Apple Crumble and Cooky Ducky, I know how hard it is to read and to put anything on it - hence why mine is still blank. I do find the possessions one particularly hard as well because well I just don't care about anything at the moment.

One positive I do have though and that is Rosie, my cat :) The thought of leaving her breaks my heart in two and she kept me safe last Sunday because every time I looked at her, I knew I couldn't do what I had planned. She's also been a little angel while I've been this poorly and hasn't left me alone. When I am in bed, she either sleeps on my shoulder or hip and if I am restless, she sleeps on the pillows next to me. If I'm sat at the computer, she either sits on my lap so end up having to type over her most of the time :lol: If I go outside for a cig she follows me, when I come in she follows me right back in and she isn't usually this clingy. So she knows that something is wrong and I think is trying to help in her little way :)

I also have to get out of bed for her to feed her and to make sure she goes out for a bit and gets some fresh air which means I usually log on here and will stay up for a bit instead of just going straight back to bed.

I hope that maybe with a bit more thought, you can both come up with something - I'd hate for anything to happen to you both :(

I hate cereals. May be that's the reasonwhy I am always depressed-my body rejects oats...tears...

((((nat)))) xx

Diamond Heart - yep it is very hard to fill in when you can't see any positives. I have found one which is Rosie but apart from that I can't see anything else at the moment. Thankfully, I have a good relationship with my CPN and know that I don't have to make things up to keep her happy. Like the bit about possessions, she said that I have a lovely home, clothes etc but I disagreed that this was a positive because I am not bothered about leaving any of that behind.

The only other positive that I can think of is that I cannot see anyway out of this, this time but then I have felt like that before and I have come out of it. The only trouble is that it doesn't stay away and always comes back and that's what I can't cope with. The never knowing when it is going to hit again. So, I can find a positive but then immediately find a negative as well.

I keep looking at the form but still haven't filled it in because I don't honestly think that I can commit to much at all on there, if anything really.

I was just hoping that it might help someone else even though I am finding mine difficult.

I think these forms will certainly work for many people.

That Rosie need lots of cutting, shaving and brushing-that's what I think!...

Nooooo! She doesn't need cutting or shaving but she certainly needs lots of brushing :) She wouldn't be the Fluff Monster if she didn't have all her fur.

I do hope that the contract helps someone.

(((catsmother))) This is so thoughtful of you to post and thank you.xx Something that would be really good to print out several times and put it around the house, even if not filled in. If it wasn't for my cat too, things would be a lot worse. He does need me and looks out for me too.x I get up for him, when I don't want to get up for myself. x God bless our animals.xx

I'm glad that you might find it helpful as well Pickle - we don't always need to be in crisis to need reminding about this kind of stuff and, yes, a big thanks to our puddy tats :) xx

Archived