Mental Health Forums

Commitment To Life Contract

catsmother21

I agree with DiamondHeart in a sense that I wouldn't be able to fill this form in honestly- but for some reasons the fact that somebody made an effort and composed such a form for people like me- it brings me joy for some reasons, I don't know how to explain it-I love those forms!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Cats

I think it is a good idea I just cant find anything positive or anything to commit to live for and like you know if I do (and cant see it happening at the moment) feel better at some point it will return, so there is no way out of this vicious circle, it is just one long fight.

(sorry for being negative)

I am really really pleased you are feeling better and I have to say my family have a cat and a dog, the dog doesn't leave my side when I am in bed or here wrapped in my blanket struggleing to move when I know I have to go to the post office.

All my love Cooky Ducky xx

I have never been committed to life either, so I find it hard to invest myself in my future.

I know it is important to keep myself safe though. I know my lack of commitment makes me more of a danger to myself, but I do my best to live a dual agenda. I am also a fighter by nature, so even when it has been rough, my instinct is to fight for life. That part I don't mess with anymore. I know on a purely unconscious level my body will fight to stay alive.

It is odd to write, but I think my purpose in life is to see beauty and give love. It is so incredibly intangible, it is hard to believe you could make a meaningful life of it, but somehow I am doing it. It means I don't achieve goals and milestones, but I don't think I am really suppose to do that, I think that is what other people want me to believe I am suppose to do (and I do get caught up in believing it too). I know that doesn't sound like being grounding in the real world, but I do know it is a huge part of what keeps me alive and putting one foot in front of the other.

Archived