Mental Health Forums

You Don't Know Me, We Have Never Met! Say Hello To Rectify This!

alchemist

Hi guys, Im Al, 35yo from suffolk, have joined up to one or two sites in the last few days to help me deal with the crazy :) Hoping to find out a bit about myself and see how others deal with that sneaky Mr Depression and his scheming wife Mrs Bipolar, both of whom seem to take great pleasure out of launching unprovoked attacks on me grrr! I shall defeat them!

So yeah hi and bye for now, I'm off to find a cool avatar or draw a rubbish picture of a dog to use instead.

PS, had a quick look at some rules etc and seems to be a few mentions of having to pay for stuff like chat etc? Joined here as it seems a bit busy so hoped there would be peeps to interact with and talk to, but a site for mental health issues designed to make money seems... strange? Did i read wrong or something? Will go back and see but a heads up would be cool!

Hello and :welcome: to the forum!

It's good that you found us.. I'll look forward to seeing your avatar in due course :)

I'm afraid I don't know much about the payment options. I haven't paid a penny but use the forum daily.. I'm not a great 'chat' person so I've never looked in to the paying side of things. Hopefully someone else is able to help.

Anyway I look forward to seeing you around

Jenny

Hey, welcome!

I've been a sponsor for a while and personally, can't speak for anyone else...but I find it worth it. Volunteers work very hard to maintain this site and Josh(admin) regularly updates it and keeps it running.

Chat is also hilarious fun, and supportive when it needs to be.

Hope you find this place as helpful as I have.

OL.

Hi Al and welcome to the forums :)

I hope you find the support you need here.

As for the money thing - this site was set up by Joshua Cole who has spent large amounts of his own money to run this site. He doesn't make a profit. You can become a sponsor for £1 a month or £10 a year then you can use chat and the other features and parts of the forum. It really is value for money and goes towards the running of the site.

I repeat-nobody makes a profit here :)

looking forward to seeing you around.

starry x

TY for the welcome, is always nice :) am lurking around and reading a few posts trying to get a feel for the site, dunno what the rules are on swearing and stuff yet and dont want to get in trouble ha! Will start posting and sharing soon, hope to get to know you all better soon.

Hi Al and welcome to the forums :)

I hope you find the support you need here.

As for the money thing - this site was set up by Joshua Cole who has spent large amounts of his own money to run this site. He doesn't make a profit. You can become a sponsor for £1 a month or £10 a year then you can use chat and the other features and parts of the forum. It really is value for money and goes towards the running of the site.

I repeat-nobody makes a profit here :)

looking forward to seeing you around.

starry x

£1 pound a month? And i was complaining haha ty for the info, can't moan at that can you? I spent more than that on doughnuts today!

Hehe I didn't know it was £1 a month.. I may well become a sponsor myself now! I second that a lot of work seems to go in to the running and upkeep of this site. Anyway have a good evening :)

Hey! :)

Your posts have made me giggle. :)

Welcome to the forums, sure you'll find this place a really helpful and supportive place to be. And it's great for a good giggle, too!

Snooz

xx

Ty vivien and snoozysuzy, not everyone gets my sense of humour but it's all that keeps me going, would have lost it years ago without it. Be nice to have a board where i can let it out a bit tbh.

I have added an avatar of a large cake next to an average sized dog, or a tiny dog next to an average sized cake. Haven't decided which yet, but i am sure we can all agree it is a work of frickin genius. Can you believe i failed in art classes? Genius is never understood in its own lifetime.

LOL both dog and cake are awesome. Have seen nothing like it before. Pure genius indeed :)

How you doing today?

Snooz xxx

Im okay today thanks for asking snoozy, just got a few decisions to make and they always stress me out but will all be cool soon enough i spose, just hate deciding stuff that will have a big effect on my future, it does my head in.

Im glad you appreciate my artistic genius, i taught damien hirst all he knows, and am in fact the true banksy! I have included a picture of a valiant pig fighting an evil snake on the beach with a ray-gun just for you. Do not show the snake pity snoozy, he is bent on world domination and must be stopped! The crab is an unwilling participant in the struggle, and represents many esoteric things including neutrality, the dangers of unprotected sex, the ultimate futility of war and crab-sticks amongst other stuff.

http://www.mentalhealth-world.org.uk/forums/uploads/monthly_08_2012/post-33927-0-00173600-1345741528.jpg.

hi and welcome i have been a member here for years, i seriously duno what i would have done without it and Joshy's amazing work x

Thanks sadgirl, am having an excellent day as i thought it was sunday when i woke up...

But it was Saturday! BONUS DAY! Going docs on Monday and a bit scared they are gonna put me away lol but got an extra day until then so decided to have a chill out day. See ya around :)

Archived