Mental Health Forums

I Don.t Know If I Can Go To A&e

Christine001

I hurt my wrist, I can move it fully but it is bruised and swollen but I dont know if I can get to A&E due to anxiety about opening this can of worms. I am in 2 minds if I get it checked out and have hurt the bone it might stop me doing it again but the whole thought of going terrifies me. on the other hand it moves ok and I have probably just bruised it . but I sort of want to go because I am not sure I can stop this going further atm.

I know peeps will say go but I just dont know if I can. help please.

I have to go out to see a friend ( she wouldnt undertsand so cant ask her) so will be out of house, first step in getting there but I even have problems going to the shop. there is a walking centre that xrays nearby maybe that would be less scary, though went there before for od . oh dear so anxious maybe its too much for me really.

*hug*

You've obviously thought a lot about it, so any advice I give you will probably have been bounced around your head thousands of times already.

Christine, it's ok to ask for help when you need it. You're not a bad person, and so many people care about you and would want you to go and get it seen to, and if its nothing its nothing, but no one wants to see you in any pain and you don't deserve it either.

PM if you need to.

OL.

You guessed right in that I want to say... Go! But I hear the anxiety it's causing you. I hear your pain and confusion Christine but I also hear you are needing help and support right now as you don't know if you can stop. Can you phone your support worker? Is there anyone who can go with you? I'm thinking of you a lot xx

Hi Christine

I want to say I hear you but dont know what I can say because it would be hipocritical ( sorry spelling is not good today) as it would be do as I say not as I would do (sorry)

I totally understand where you are coming from and the pain emotionally and physically you are in.

big hugs :bigarmhug[1]: and try and keep your self safe even if your head does want to.

Cooky Ducky

know is hard hun horrible having to go to those sorts of places but you know is best hun thats why you know we will say go.

really hope is just bruised take care hun xx

i couldn't go but its ok and at least i am trying to look after it. think this is enough sh talk from me.i dont want to trigger anyone. i will try hard to stay safe today, take it day by day.

If it gets any worse please get it looked at sweets and it's good that you are going to try hard to stay safe and take it day by day, take it hour by hour if that's what you need to do. It's hard I know but I don't want to see anything happen to you xx

If it gets any worse please get it looked at sweets and it's good that you are going to try hard to stay safe and take it day by day, take it hour by hour if that's what you need to do. It's hard I know but I don't want to see anything happen to you xx

I couldn't have put it better myself.. seconded! Take care xx

go to the walk in for an xray

take an ipod or somthing so the music will distact you

the royal are really nice if you do get the courage to go

Archived