Mental Health Forums

Ok New Goal!

OrangeLamp

http://imgur.com/n2Asn

Hi everyone,

Another one of my challenges is to attribute more value to the positives than the negatives in my life and not always dwell on the negatives while not being ashamed of feeling good.

So here goes:

I've had a bit of a rough few days, had a bit of a down period. But woohoo, it only lasted a few days and I'm back on the OrangeLamp wagon of life. The down periods are getting shorter, and I'm actually ok with a few days of shittiness with the positive strings of days. I'm not going to look at it like it's all negative when it's really not, I've had a great time recently :)

I also feel like a bit of a part of this place now, and thats thanks to you nice people on here who I really enjoy talking to :) I find it hard to feel like I'm part of anything, more like I have a bit of an 'outcast' complex.

Really proud of myself for posting the poem about my feelings, it helped get the feelings out and to put it down was a real challenge for me(I even felt a bit sick like everyone would hate me, or call me a pompous prick or something, yeah...)

I've also got to the next level of climbing...and this is the last level available at the wall I'm at! This level is split into 3 though, and they look ball breakingly tough...but then again the level I just beat looked ball breakingly tough so bring it on! :D

In that 3 days I did have a binge eat which I'm not particularly proud of. I'm still working on improving that. I need to get some more things for the kitchen so I can cook really tasty healthy food again. Cooking chills me out.

And of course I've been loving chilling playing some games which has made me feel quite good :)

Well thanks for reading, I thought I'd post about a good day because I used to not believe they existed a while ago and I'm stopping to smell the roses.

Hope everyones ok :) I'm quite tired now, I may end up like the monkey that I saw on the rock of gibraltar :) Isn't he nice

OL.

well done you, know you find it hard looking at the positives in yourself. glad things are going well for you hun. you should be proud :) xxx

I'm really glad your feeling good

And focusing on the positives is definaltly a good idea! I need to do that more often

Good luck with the climbing :)

Really good in hearing some positives hun.

Keep in mind, when things are black is u remind urself of the bright and good things ur doing. xxx

Well done, it's not always easy to see the positives in life. I'm really pleased that you are doing so well. I've really appreciated the support you have offered in chat. Take care. Daisycat x

Archived