Mental Health Forums

Power Of The Mind...?

toaster

This isn't word for word, I've written it in my own words :) something I heard the other day that I have been meaning to share but just kept forgetting! Cheesy, I know, but I like :D

there are 10 students sitting around a table, gazing at a light. their teacher tells them that whoever can make the light go off, has the ultimate power. for quite some time, all the students stare in vain at the light, willing for it go out. finally, one student realises he had the power all along - he gets up, approaches the door and flicks the switch. 'well done' says the tutor, as the other students look on in confusion. 'u had the power of mind all along - you, however, knew that was not enough to complete the task. rather than waiting for the impossible to happen, you chose to turn thoughts into actions'.

The student opens the door and walks out, leaving his fellows sitting in the dark.

toast and apollo , I am sorry I wrote something that was unfair about not coming here being fine by me and I apologies,

I didnt like the comment from both of you but me being abuse wasnt helpful.

I don't think that Apollo's two o'clock in the morning aphex twin rave visuals response necessitated this torrent of abuse.

"I'm sorry you found this platitudinous but it helped me :)" would have sufficed.

Christine I have NO idea wag ur on about?! O.o

Cwp, once again u have found a bit of drama an joined in. Funny how u never respond to other posts ;) just an observation...

Anyway, this thread and the positivity it was originally meant to portray has been ruined. Partly down to me, partly down to others. I felt personally attacked by Apollo but hey ho.

<snip>

edit;- Christine is right. There are already enough places on the internet for the exchange of tit for tat snide remarks and this place certainly isn't one of them.

Ok lets just stop it eh as whilst you have a little go at each other and as long time members you know that personal stuff isnt allowed on the forum, other more vulnerable people are in criss or are stuggling to find a safe place and you aint helping ( and I am not meaning me as certainly been no saint recently myself)OK?

I think that both Toaster and Apollo lack tolerance in their approach.

You are right Toaster, it was inappropriate what Apollo wrote simply because this was a good day thread. To be honest, when I read your post yesterday just like Apollo, I thought it was very banal, but I didn't post anything because I don't think I am the one to decide what is and what is not banal and because I respect your and everyone else's opinion and the right to find wisdom in the scene you described in your opening post. So once again, I think that his post was inappropriate in this context. I understand that you felt offended but what you told him is really a case of bullying. He has the right to be on this forum as much as you do, so telling him to fuck off to his hole is a case of bullying. Like Bibbiddi said in one of her posts lately tolerance and understanding are really important. And then you are making it worse by attacking others who are trying to make such point and express the opinion they are entitled to have.

I have read some posts here where people are saying that other people shouldn't respond in their threads. I think that such claims defeat the purpose of those very threads. Nobody's thread is their private property. It is public and thus everyone has a right to express their opinion. How the other party reacts is a matter of their personal choice. It is conditioned by responses they receive, but it is still a matter of personal choice.

Everyone's opinion and situation deserves respect because no one is powerful enough to know everyone's situation in details and then judge them. Thus, tolerance is the key.

Tolerance is the key and Absolute423 saying you found Toaster's post "very banal" is intolerant and plain rude. You're thinly disguising your rudeness as intelligence. Plain banal why are you still reading?

sometimes the simplest answers are the best

something i noticed in the OP is that the others are obviously way OVERTHINKING the problem

something i think that a lot of us here do WAY TOO MUCH OF

*goes to ponder on this some more*

Toast can you maybe try to see this as a chance,a chance to practice dealing with these kind of arguments etc?

It happened,it sucks(Im not taking sides btw) but now it is what it is and youve been handed a chance/opportunity here.

What coping skills can you put into action here?

Archived