Mental Health Forums

Clonazepam

sadz

Hi Sadz,

I'm assuming it has been given to you for Anxiety or Insomnia or perhaps Hypomania/Mania?

As someone who became addictied to these types of drugs. My advice would be to not take it everyday, only when really needed, in the most severe circumstances. Try not to rely on them and don't stay on them for too long.

I'm assuming your Doctor has spoken to you about the addictive qualities of these types of medications?

Always read the leaflet that come with medications, if for some reason they don't have a leaflet with them, look for the information leaflet online.

I'm not sure if you've ever taken Benzodiazepines before (such as Diazepam). They can make you drowsy and/or sleepy, so be careful what kind of activities you will be doing if you have been told to take them in the day time for anxiety.

If you will be taking them for insomnia, then you may have a hungover feeling in the morning.

Do not drive whilst under the influence of these drugs and do not drink alcohol or take any opiate based painkillers.

Aurora :)

Archived