Mental Health Forums

Bpd , Violent And Being Bad Parents

addy2

Christine I know we don't get a long so good but when you started a family I am guessing you had the best intent and were hoping that you could cope with every thing? That is the point I'm making. People with drink or drug addictions have kids thinking it will solve their problems and as you'll know it doesn't work that way. This isn't to do even with borderline, my point is about being in a good place or not. Some one says being borderline stopped me seeing my kids I disagree plenty with out borderline don't take responsibility and see their kids I don't think being borderline is the issue I think it's responsibility.

Walker I'm not saying it's easy hunni. I've not met a parent with or without borderline that doesn't think it is the hardest and longest guilt trip.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry Siamblue but I've had a lot of criticism on this forum about my points of view. Messages saying I want to upset people and topics removed when they've been taken the wrong way then put back as people just didn't understand so they complained about me. I think this is a cool place but I have turned a little hard to what some people say here as I've had some criticism that if I took it in my heart I couldn't come back here.

Ohoooo, I can relate to that!

if i screw up i apolgise i say what i did wasnt fair if ive been out of order with the kids, not always but deff in the past few years

My mum doesnt think she did anything wrong and if she turned round tomorrow and said lets try again i would in a shot

I dont want my kids to feel the way i do i may screw upi get it wrong but i love them i tell them i love them and i say when ive got it wrong

Im the best i can be im a good mum

Elke we can't all get along with every one so I try not to take it to heart.

Maddy my mom is the same she won't take responsibility.

Lucy I'm with you 100% I screw up and I say sorry, I'm the best mom I can be. To read this topic for most of us it is hard as our parents didn't do right and we are trying to do right.

When i get a few hours one day i will write out what happened too me,i blamed my mother all of my life for my dad not being there,now i know she did her best and tried to keep the family together,but as a young boy,i blamed her for dad not being there,this caused me all of my problems to this day,after my therapy last year and this year i realised who is to blame and i am so glad my father isnt alive today,

When i said i left my children,i left the marital home and moved into my sisters house 3 miles away,i was still there providing financially and in person.it was having a stable home that scared me so much as i was trained when younger to move in a split second and run away.

Archived