Mental Health Forums

Mission To Lose Weight Healthily

Insideoutgirl

:trigger:

I seem to have some how piled on the pounds since moving to my new house. Mainly I think because when living with a partner you eat together and I have been eating things I wouldnt have before. I have eaten carbohydrates etc.

It's really hard as I feel really miserable about it and I am feeling worse each day. I have told my boyfriend I want to lose weight and he worries that I will slip into old unhezalthy behaviours.

I know that If I don't do something about it in a healthy and productive way this is likely to happen as I will reach breaking point.

But to do it healthily I need support. I need to not have to feel guilty for not wanting to eat pasta or rice. I need to have people on side to support me in losing weight the healthy way so I don't feel the need for drastic measures.

I'm writing this now as Im just about the point of breaking, I feel tearful and I know if I don't start this now I will be in the chemist buying a whole load of laxatives, aquaban and adios tablets.

So I am going to post what I eat here and be really honest about it and also my weight in the hope of encouragement to be healthy!

Wish me luck!

hi insideoutgirl, i want to wish you luck but am a bit worried because 8st 12 doesn't sound a lot but that could depend on how tall you are i guess.

wishing you luck to be healthy and at peace with yourself regardless of your size. take care hun xxxx

I don't understand stones, only kg unfortunately.

Didn't like that breakfast. But I am here to support you for 'not feeling guilty for not wanting'.

I like Bananas!

Thanks for the support.

I had guests later so we had a homemade and healthy chicken curry and spinich for tea.

However I drank copious amounts of vodka and Fanta zero. Managed to stay away from sugarry cider though.

This morning I ate the remains of the spinach and about 5 dry minibix.

We are going to the park for a picnic. We don't have much in so Im taking Tinned mackerel and some wraps and bananas and a bag of seeds. For my boyfriend a packet of crisps.

There is a huge bottle of cider still in the kitchen which i am NOT going to take.

It's a sunny day so we are going to have a nice long walk.

I also told a friend I want to get healthy so she suggested we could go to a dance/exercise class which is great as I wouldn't go on my own but having someone onside is great =)

Your breakfasts don't inspire me, tbh.I would have to drink a lot of vodka,too, if I got a breakf like that.

I like mackerel a lot though.

I'm here to support you and mackerel.

Hugs!

What i could say is, yeah u have had a healthy breakfast, but again the weight u posted is bit of concern.

All is well if u want to go for healthy, but not sure on you needing to lose anymore weight.

You can substain same weight and eat healthy.

I am also not sure if its a good idea you keep a report here on ur weight loss but yes on diary of what ur eating. Thats me just saying this, not sure on the rules otherwise.

good luck on eating healty hun

Your breakfasts don't inspire me, tbh.I would have to drink a lot of vodka,too, if I got a breakf like that.

I like mackerel a lot though.

I'm here to support you and mackerel.

Hugs!

Yes Mackerel is tasty! I will tell the Mackerel in my cupboard yo support us =)

Hugs x

What i could say is, yeah u have had a healthy breakfast, but again the weight u posted is bit of concern.

All is well if u want to go for healthy, but not sure on you needing to lose anymore weight.

You can substain same weight and eat healthy.

I am also not sure if its a good idea you keep a report here on ur weight loss but yes on diary of what ur eating. Thats me just saying this, not sure on the rules otherwise.

good luck on eating healty hun

Perhaps I could just use it to say how Ive been healthy instead I certainly don't want to upset anyone I just wanted encouragement to be healthy.

I have been for several walks this week which is a good start as i have not done exercise in a while. Haent looked up the exercise class yet but hey one step at a time.

I don't want to lose a lot of weight but I want to fit into my clothes and tone up a bit. For the past few days Ive been eating porridge with banana and honey. I LOVE this breakfast and it keeps me full till lunch time.

I got cooked for twice yesterday which was a bit of a treat. Noodles for lunch and turkey curry for tea (My boyfriend loves making curry!)

All healthy things which kept me nice and full and were very tasty!

I'm filling myself up on the good stuff so i don't pick and snack.

So far so good!

I did have 3 glasses of wine last night thougn and I feel a bit sick this morning!

x :hug2:

Dear Insideout!

I am eating porridge now. I even ate 2 bananes for breakfast today (not trying to copy you- it just

happened. I usually don't like bananas. Yes, they can make you very full for long time.

Turkey curry sounds so good!Don't like spicy food though.

On the other hand,alcohol contains a lot of sugar and usually makes people bigger.

My daughter started a new blog on healthy eating, and please, can you visit it and support her? She will be happy to correspond with you. http://mmtbook.blogspot.co.uk/

I am eating my second bowl of porridge!

Dear Insideout!

I am eating porridge now. I even ate 2 bananes for breakfast today (not trying to copy you- it just

happened. I usually don't like bananas. Yes, they can make you very full for long time.

Turkey curry sounds so good!Don't like spicy food though.

On the other hand,alcohol contains a lot of sugar and usually makes people bigger.

My daughter started a new blog on healthy eating, and please, can you visit it and support her? She will be happy to correspond with you. http://mmtbook.blogspot.co.uk/

I am eating my second bowl of porridge!

I know, I should lay off the alcohol. Hooray for porridge!

I will certainly check out your sisters blog!

• 1 month later...

Treating eating disorder involves three components:

• Restoring the person to a healthy weight
  • Treating the psychological issues related to the eating disorder
  • Reducing or eliminating behaviors or thoughts that lead to insufficient eating and preventing relapse.

I have seen a Pdoc over the last 2 weeks and been referred for 2 years of therapy =/

Not been on here for a while.. been really stressed out... been taking tablets again recently.

Everything is stressful =(

Archived