Mental Health Forums

Healthy Eating.

LadyMacbeth

I thought it would be a good idea to keep track of what we eat each day here. We can support eachother in feeling good about ourselves by eating healthy.

I have not eaten yet but I will be back. :)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ive just had a packet of chedders other than that i dont see myself eating anything else today.

oh yeah good post by the way

I had a slim fast and a cuppa tea. I will eat something light latre but I am eating so I don't pass out bc its soooo hot and humid outside.

I went to the market so I ate 2 warme rolls...oh shit, yeah, and they was so yummy, I came home and had another 2 with strawberries!!! Heheh...

Just had dinner, beef, potatoes and green beans (straight from the vegtable patch), followed by strawberries with cream, and diet cola

Tonight I will have about 4 cups of coffee but I doubt anything to eat...

Raich, xxx

He - Do you really wanna know? I jumbo cheese and jalapeno hotdog and two chocolate/creame filled Krispy Kreme dooughnuts!

How's that for health eating?! :P

4 chocolate biscuits. I'll try to eat something else this evening though.

Edit: make that 2. Urgh too much chocolate. Got two spare biscuits if anyone's hungry?

How' bout a big ol pepporoni pizza?!

You know...who gives a damn what people think our weight should be? I'm personally tired of letting this twisted society dictate to us what's attactive and what's not.

There are not very many women I don't find some beauty in!

In fact I usually find a lot of beauty in just about every woman. Don't let those damn tele ads and magazines tell you women what you are and what you're not!

bry i will let you into a little secret. ED is not really about woman in magazines and all that. When we say things like that its just hiding the real reason why we are doing what we do.. Its all about control or finding control over important things that prob happend in our childhood, if we started having a ED from when we was kids. If its started later its normaly again from some trigger or we need to have some control over our lives. Its easier to deal with food and weight than control anything else.

im not really talking about everyone but this is one of the main reasons and its one of the hardest things to fix when your self has conditioned that this is your control over everything.

Deep down my self image, self confidence has took a great hit from people who i thought loved me. even how much i think its to do with my sister when she said i was fat it didnt really start then it started before then, her saying that just gave me more control over somthing that she or any of my so called family had control over.. they maybe can mentaly torture me or abuse but they couldnt stop me from controling what i ate when i ate how much i lost or how i lost it.

sry i didnt want to droan on and take away from what this post is all about and that is what have we eaten today.

i havent ate anything this morning , if coffee was food ill prob stop that too..

xxx

Terri

I don't remember if its like this in the UK but when I went back a few years ago I noticed that on the TV shows like Eastenders and some others they have normal looking women on these shows. Over here it would not happen. Every single caucasian women must be like a size zero or 90 pounds and must be beautiful. Even on the reality TV shows they only pick the most gorgeous looking women. Not every woman is built the same and you have these young girls around six years old trying to diet. I know that some of my ED problems have not only stemmed from my lack of self confidence and poor body image but from these shows. Its so depressing especially when most of the men on these shows will state that they are looking for really thin women. This is one thing I hate about the media over here and then they wonder why so many people have eating disorders and you have these web sites online promoting eating disorders because look at what society we are brought up it. It makes me irate!

BB-I understand what you are saying bc I started mine at 12 bc I thought my mother would pay more attention to me and she did but it turned negative. It became a control issue when something upset me I started to starve myself bc it was the only way I felt in control. I even went to the purging but I could never beinge eat but I stopped bc I think I found blood a few times. Scared me a little and the fact that my roommate was a bulimic and the amount of food she consumed and purged scared me.

Emma

i know what your on about emma.

i guess UK and US has its diffrences because your right i dont see every show we have that its all perfect people,here its mostly the film stars or its footballers wives lol trying to compete with each other..how ever here we do have a high count of ED and its not really due to what we see in a magazine or tv or what not its about how we are brought up..thats why i said that not everyone is this but really if we get into the nit and gritty of why we control food and that you will find your answer.

i think this is good it brings me to learn and talk about my eating habits and why im like the way i am..

ive eaten today with my daughter and freind and had a tuna sandwich this prob be my last thing i eat as i am going to have a drink tonight..

I think its def. a comntrol issue bc I don't see someone with self-confidence and high self-esteem who is happy with themselves having an ED. I know for me when I feel like sh*t about myself I want to start to starve again because I have done it for so many years. If you want to lose weight and keep it off in a healthy way you know you have to eat right and exercise. I look at pictures of myself when I was 12 and I was not fat but I felt fat.

What infuriates me is that USA and the UK are too much about spending our tax money on this war when we have issues in this country increasingly getting worse and they are not doing anything about it. I could go on about this for hours. :angry:

yeah i suppose emma but the thing is i still feel then for the inocent lives that are lost to another dictator.. we are not bad countries but we aint good either.. we have come long way.

on the eating side there is more things happening for that and other mental illness than what studies is given to BPD . In the UK we have far less than in the states which all the study is from you lot.. but then other coin is least i can get help free and still get it free if i dont like what i heard the first time. This to me is just politics and i find it hard to talk about it sry emma..

You don't have to be sorry. You come up with some valid points. Since I have not been through the MH system in the UK I dont know too much about it.

I feel for the innocent victims as well. I think if I were living in the sixties I would be one of those student radicalists picketing at Columbia University. I feel for the innocent victims as well but sometimes I think that Bush and Blair are wasting their breaths bc they are fighting a country raised as cold blooded killers really. If they kill off the present dictators how can they be certain that another one is not going to come into the picture. What do you think about this? I understand why they are at war though I just don't know I guess I think too much.

Yeah, I think more things are developing in regards to studies in mental illness. I think that the general public need to become more aware of mental illness bc I think people are far too judgemental. I was just having this convo with my T and she brought up a valid point that people fear it and that does make sense. I guess bc people who have never experienced a severe depression or a MI fear it bc they dont understand it.

We have a great mental health system here but unfortunately for those who have insurance or have the money to see a top notch therapist. Thank goodness my father can pay for my therapy bc I would be lost without it.

I understand its hard to talk about politics I find it difficult as well. There are just somethings I refuse to talk about with people and politics is one of them. I think they are such touchy subjects and my feelings are a result from fear of the unknown and inability to control situations.

hey emma and rest of the staff at BPDworld was just wondering if you could ask josh if we could have a politics forum, but stress that its to be easy going kind of thing.. that would strengthen my brain cells to a point that i dont feel thick and feel at ease.. also could we not have a eating disorder forum?. i know we have other mental illness but ED is a big one from what ive seen for people..

pretty please with a cherry on top :)

sry i just posted this when you posted yours.. i dont think its wrong talking politics but if in a controled way and doesnt upset anyone i mean if we fancy raving about somthing or not, like say benifits to loads of things. It could be constructive but then it could be destrutive but anway i would hope that it would just test my brain power to more normal than being a veg at mo which im prone to do.. so its up to you lot if it do more harm than good.

but eating one i would dig for.. and we could carry a proper eating diary properly :)

I will bring it to Josh's attention. :)

Yeah, I feel a little edgy talking about politics at times bc i dont want to upset people.

what about name it easy poltics and say to only post that you dont take offence lol och you all know what we are like but if controled it could benifit us and not sure about anyone else but my brain has been dormant for long time from being scared in giving my opnion lol..

and the eating one would be of great help i feel..

doh me being over the top i think.asking for to much.. i just want it all from this place you offer so much but there is just a tichy thing like this turns me up side down.. if you understand..

this place is perfect dont get me wrong it offers me so much and makes me wake up in the morning..

god im bossy and to much in face..

och anyway back to original reason for this post..

still only had tuna sandwiches.. thats good for me!

Teri:

Sorry...I didn't mean to be presumptious about ED causes. I realize there may be multiple reasons, but it's just a HOT button for me that America in particular spends so much time trying define outter beauty. That infuriates me! Not only women but men too. It makes those of us who weren't born completely symetrical or perfect eyes...or whatever feel as if thereis something wrong with us or that it is our fault, and it all stems from this social norm that we've allowed ourselves to be lured into by the hair product manufacturers, the slim fast companies, the "Gold's Gyms".....I hate them!

Damnit...when will people stop being so vain! (not you guys)

Bryan

btw - I'd be happy to discuss politcs with you Emma if it didn't cause any undo stress in this forum. Maybe we should chat sometime. :)

I'm going to have some salmon tonight i think.. I'm being kind to myself today.

Trying to think what im going to have with it. any suggestions?

Hmm just had a thought maybe some spinach with it..

how much fat or calories do you think is in all of that?

I don't like salmon, but with fish i normally have new potaotes and green beans...

Can't be that many calories... I mean fish is really good for you, and so is veg... its the dessert you need to worry about!

Raich, xxx

ive had toad in the hole with coleflower brocolie and carrotts with roast potatoes and it was scrummy umscious :P

tonight i probeby wont eat anything else

Janie xxxx

Archived