Mental Health Forums

Afraid I May Be A Psychopath...

ConfusedBoy18

100% Jinx.

Kimboleist your 8 posts hunni and 1 of them is to name call me. :blahblah1: You don't like what I say don't read it don't try and take this topic and make it about me. If you want to message me then do that.

That subject maddison is not for this poor guys post. I cannot be arsed or have the energy to reply to you maddison. As we are entitled to our opinions.

sigh

@ lily, i never said anyone was a troll, i merely expressed that i hoped no one would really harbour such violent intentions towards a child they know, and as the op stated all children. Sadly however i know this is the case from bitter experience.

@ maddison, i DID NOT judge anyone. I repeat, yet again, i gave NO personal opinion whatsoever, either on the op or on the subject matter in general. You are, yet again, insinuating that i insulted him. I did not however, and do not need to defend myself against baseless accusations time and again. I merely pointed out that he needed help, a statement i stand by. How is this an insult? Many people here time and again advise others to seek professional help for lesser matters than this. How was what i said any different? I offered advice and gave the only contact i know where men (or women) can receive help to stop them from potentially abusing others. And bananas is quite correct in what she says above this post, she has as much right to post as you do, or anyone else here.

@ jinxsta, on the contrary. Thoughts precede actions, always. No one ever carried out an act of violence against a child without first thinking about it. Thoughts are very dangerous things indeed with certain people. This does NOT mean that everyone that has violent thoughts acts on them, but everyone who acts on them DID have these thoughts to begin with. Anyone who considers hurting a child (as was clearly stated) should take action about this before it is too late. To leave these thoughts buried is to invite trouble, and risks serious harm to others. A study by the NSPCC estimated that 20% of children suffer from physical abuse at some point, and i have no desire for that number to be added to. Confusedboy himself stated he was "incredibly worried" and that seems reason enough to me to encourage him to seek help. Others can bury their head in the sand if they wish, and pretend that what we think never matters, but i know it does from bitter experience. To his credit, he said he does not want to think like this, a sentiment i agree with 100%. If he himself finds these thoughts undesirable (quote "i would rather die than be an abuser") i fail to see how my agreeing that this requires attention would put him off or insult him in any way. It troubled him enough to post this, and that is suggestive that it is serious enough to warrant attention.

@ confusedboy18, really, please ignore all this. It was not my intention to start an arguement on your thread and wont post an answer to anyone else here after this. But i think you need help, and quite possibly need to restart meds, my only advice is to speak to your doctor and explain to him what you wrote here. Better safe than sorry, and if it started after you stopped your meds, this should be mentioned to the dr too.

I have PM'ed confusedboy, and do not wish to take over this thread, but feel i need to put my money where my mouth is so to speak and hopefully also educate people via this link;

Thoughts of wishing to harm others, coupled with horror at the thought of acting on them, is indeed a feature of OCD.

The good news is, with therapy, these thoughts can be de-constructed and then dealt with.

Please go and see your GP, confusedboy - you are not alone in feeling the way you do and you will be able to receive help and support xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I can't believe how another thread is ruined by arguing, You know what will you all please stop it, It really does my head in.

The guy has come here for support so please support him and stop bickering with each-other.xx

I have experienced first hand the danger of sharing upsetting intrusive thoughts here.

It may be better to speak to a counsellor than run the risk of the backlash.

Im not saying.anyone shouldnt open upes.but its bound to trigger some especially wen someone says they have thoughts of harming kids.

Personally its best to seek help for these thoughts even tho i know u said u wont hurt anyone u need some help with any intrusive thoughts.

Mtm

Having horrible thoughts is part of mental illness in most cases, thoughts to kill a partner/relative, thoughts to kill oneself, thoughts to create accidents, thoughts of contamination. If mental illness was like cancer its like someone with lung cancer telling someone with cervical cancer that they should just get counselling, and they can't be supported and giving them a shitty aire just because its a different kind if cancer. OR oh U have BPD therefore if U self harm U are just manipulative... Hmmm he without sin cast the first stone.

Im not judging either im just saying he needs help obvously

and yeah of course i know these.sorts.of thoughts are part of an illness ive had horrible thoughts myself so i sought help.

Mtm

Omg!!!! You mis read everything! I see what he was trying to say! (As in not judgemental) I always put smiley faces but do agree that was maybe an inappropriate face. X

Archived