Mental Health Forums

Zopiclone?

Fanta

I was zopiclone for a long time! I found it great knocked me right out about half hour after taking it and then felt great in the morning, refreshed but not groggy. Only problem is that i had a metallic taste in my mouth in the morning.

Also my Pdoc advised that it is very addictive and that it shouldn't be taken for a long period of time so that can be worth taking into mind :)

xx

Thanks pandy and Ollie, My Pdoc did say that they can be addictive and has given me just 14 days supply but he did say that in future if I need more is to call him and he will prescribe me more.

I love zopiclone but they are addicitive, the metalic taste sort of helps you decide not to take them for too long. be careful long term but enjoy the sleep xx

how did the appointment with your pdoc go?

I had them and found them fantastic. When I first took them I worried I'd be woozy. But I wasn't and had proper sleep on them. I also was worried about addiction so didn't take them every night. My phyc then put me on quietiapine which is a sedative and I sleep ok on them x

I found zopiclone worked well for me. I hope they work for you, sleep problems aren't nice.

My pdoc then put me on olanzapine, which can be used as a sedative (though, in larger doses its an anti-psychotic).

Yes my quietiapine is an anti phycotic. I take it as a moodstabiliser and added bonus sedative for sleep x hope you have a restful night growlycat. It did help me get into a better sleep routine too (zop) x

i on zopiclone atm. Glad to know i aint the only one that has a metal taste n my mouth the next day. I have been on it for over a year. I find it helpful for getting off to sleep though

I too have had experience of zopiclone. I was on it for quite a while but when a new dr was worried about potential dependence, I was switched to zolpidem which is another kind of, allegedly less addictive, sleeping tablet. Both of them worked just as well for me and I came off them by gradually taking them every other night etc instead of every night. I think so long as you're aware of the dangers and are sensible they can be a real help in getting some sleep and respite from things.

I knew i wasn't "normal"! I was prescribed these and they worked the first time,but since then,they don't touch me.Zolpidem too. Even on full dose,i was awake all night.WTF? Thankfully,since i went on quetiapine,i get at least 2 good sleeps a week. I wonder why the sleeping tablets don't knock me out? Weird! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(((Growly))) If you take one, like you have when you really need to get some sleep, first off they worked for me in getting me off to sleep , but as has been said here, they are addictive ( & for someone like me) I did get addicted and they can stop working. So as and when you need is best. i,e not every night if poss. Of course I didn't do this, and therefore ended up becoming immune and addicted.

Also, it really is worth getting your prescription if at all poss from somewhere like Boots.

I remember getting zopiclone from one of my local chemist, twice I think it was, and I can honestly say, it was like taking a sugar pill. Nothing happened. I talked to my Doc about this and he said go to Boots. They seemed to work better when got from them.

Anyway, enough waffling, glad you got a good nights sleep.x

Archived