Mental Health Forums

Please Sponsor Me To Raise Money For Samaritans

toaster

I will be doing a bungee jump on the 30th of September to raise money for my local branch of Samaritans. I would be really grateful (as will the Samaritans) if you could sponsor me please :)

Thank you

Edit - just trying to add the page will be on here shortly :) x

ooooooo u's doing it on my birthday... i'll have a drinkette to celebrate ur braveness :)

and sponsor you of course

so so proud of you as always (cries a little bit) xxxxxxx

thanks folks! :D

and thank you chips just received notification :D ((((((((crumbs loves chips))))))))

have raised £90 so far, my goal is *at least* £200 :)

I will post pictures :wacko:

hey crumbs, do you remember sloane ranger's bungee jump... she posted a vid i think and from memory (always a lil sketchy) looked like she had a blast :)

im actually shitting myself LOL - I have quite a fear of heights :wacko: I go dizzy and everything :/ I guess losing my balance won't really matter!

I don't remember her jump no, but posting a video is a good idea :D Pie is going to take pictures so I'll get her to video it!

Least when I jump this time I'll be attached to something...:P

u have my utmost respect - i am a total wuss re this stuff - i do my bit by sponsoring other people doing nutso things...

and LMAO at your last comment !!!!!

xxxx

I thought you left the site, made a goodbye post and didn't want to be bothered with the likes of anyone here anymore? I am a little confused as to whether or not you find us and the site of value or if you just want to rustle up as many sponsors as you can right now?

*I am not writing this to act snippy, I just don't want to feel used.

Im collecting money for samaritans sahara, not for me. I would imagine me asking for sponsors wouldnt matter seeing how many ppl have been helped by them?

An at what point did I say 'i dont want to be bothered by the likes of you any more'?

As I say, not for me but for samaritans. You didnt have to reply. But its replies like yours that made me want to leave in the first place.

Plz can we keep to the original post. If anyone can sponsor please do. All money goes directly to samaritans.

If anyone has an issue either pm me (turnin them back on) or report the post. Im not havin another positive post ruined.

I shall sponser you on tuesday or wednesday, may not be a lot, coz in the words of simply red "moneys too tight to mention" ATM, but in the words of tescos "every little helps" i guess ;)

xx

Im collecting money for samaritans sahara, not for me. I would imagine me asking for sponsors wouldnt matter seeing how many ppl have been helped by them?

An at what point did I say 'i dont want to be bothered by the likes of you any more'?

As I say, not for me but for samaritans. You didnt have to reply. But its replies like yours that made me want to leave in the first place.

The Samaritans have been helpful to me in the past too. And I would like to donate as well.

*My post was not meant to push you away, but get a little clarity, I don't want to see you struggle of have a hard time anymore than anyone else. I did read your Goodbye post in Venting and took those words perhaps more seriously than I should have? Then noticed you have been gone since. It is not unreasonable to want to understand. Since I do not run around regularly attacking posts, I am sorry that you would feel my response intended to be that. I am sorry for misunderstanding it may have caused.

Thanks peeps :)

Sahara, my goodbye post was genuine altho somewhat bpd. I feel as tho when I come on here I either get into conflict or if I take the high road and walk away Im still fuming, stomping round the house. My post was never aimed at you or the other ppl I class as my friends here. I also said id be popping in from time to time. Recently the good I get from here is overshadowed by the bit of negativity.

I cried after I made that post. This place has been of great support to me, u included. To step back is a huge thing for me.

I never said what you said I did nor am I using ppl.

As I said my pm is back on if u want to pm me. Im also sorry for being a brat.

Xxx

Thank you for talking about things openly I appreciate your honesty, I can see my comment may have seemed pointed and made you feel backed into a corner, even though that wasn't the intent. One of the things I am trying to learn by being on the site, is better interpersonal skills. Tbh, I am still trying to learn how to assert my concerns or opinions without being aggressive. Generally, I feel okay about it, but I do feel really bad when I get it wrong. So, thank you for being supportive and patient with me. xoxo

I am happy to sponsor you and good luck with the jump on the 30th :hug2:

• 2 weeks later...

unless i dreamt it, we both posted in this thread yesterday but the posts have vanished, probably summat to do with the update - whatever....

anyhoo... as i wont be on again until late tomorrow, i just wanna say...

GOOD LUCK FOR TOMORROW SWEETIE :) I am so so proud of what you are doing :)

chips loves crumbs xxxxxxxxxx

She is fast asleep now, and had a cold poor thing. But I shall wish her well from u all. I.know she is terrified but she has raised early 400 quid, so big thanks to anyone who helped out. It means a lot Xx

Archived