Mental Health Forums

Anyone Had Eft Therapy?

Eagleheart

I just discovered this therapy the other day and i've been reading up on it.I think it sounds pretty interesting and just wondered if any of you have had it.

The full name of it is Emotional Freedom Technique and it involves tapping on various acupuncture points whilst thinking about problems or specific events. Some people get significant relief within minutes,although deep problems will probably need much more time.

I am very interested in this.Can anyone tell me their experiences of EFT?

i done a course on this and have a diploma in it, well Meridian Psychotherapy and EFT is part of this...

have you read: Emotional Freedom by Garry Flint - t'is a great (easy to understand) bookie...

other than using it as part of my course, i have never actually had the therapy myself although i do tap the KC point sometimes when I get all worked up and anxy and I find that helps me :)

the world is split as to whether it works or doesnt - but if you feel it is something you can try then i cant see any harm and if it helps you then that's fantastic :)

if u wanna ask more specific questions, i can try help you with the theory - here or PM...

Thanks so much for your reply Villan. I am interested enough that i will get the book you recommended (when i can find some spare cash.Money situation bad atm).

I noticed that there's an EFT for dummies on amazon.Their format is usually very easy to follow.

I like alternative therapies.Conventional drugs are not very helpful and i am on too many as it is. xxx

I did an introductory course in this as I was intrigued. It was just a one day workshop thing I think. I'm afraid I was really sceptical so it didn't do much for me.. But someone in the group had a real break through moment with it and it seemed to help him a lot. So I guess everyone is different and if it helps you then great :) x

(((Eagleheart))) I have been receiving inspirational emails from someone who absolutely swears by it as being really helpful. I suppose there is a side of me that has thought how on earth can this help, but if you don't try you never find out. So I do tap from time to time but not really regularly enough, cos I forget which bits I'm supposed to tap!!!

Having said this, I do know of a couple of people who swear by it, in addition to other alternative techniques too, like mindfulness and meditation and the like.

If this looks interesting to you, go for it, and the book that Villan mentioned & the one on Amazon, if you do ebay or the like, maybe you could get them from there at a much reduced price..((sorry things are so tight at the moment £££)).xxx

This is great! To get such feedback is really brilliant. I lost faith in medication many years ago but still take a few different ones.

My mind is open to the possibility of this helping.

So,huge thanks to you all. xxx

i tend to swing towards the more alternative therapies myself too...

have more faith in that stuff - lol

open mind is good...

i will see if there is anything i can cut and paste from my coursework- cant promise cos i'm not sure that'll help as it is just answers to specific questions... but i'll look at the weekend if u want

hey hun

found something that may be interesting to you but i will need to email it you

i tried to pm yuo to ask, but it says you cant receive msgs

can you please pm me an email address if you want me to send it you...

thanks

Archived