Mental Health Forums

Restricting

starryeyesee

Since I moved fromFrance at the beginning of August I have totally lost my appetite and the desire to cook.

I have been really depressed, crying every day and drinking in the evenings. Yesterday I ate half a cheese and onion pasty and a ham,cheese and colesaw sandwich.

I've been considering buying some multi-vitamins.

In my flat I have a worktop, a fridge and an electric cooker. I do not have a table or room for one so eat

sitting on my bed.

I know this is a factor in my lack of desire to cook.

I also have had major problems with my teeth so it hurts to eat. I also now have started to feel sick while I'm eating and get bored of eating so dont finish it.

I don't know how to get out of this cycle - I've never felt like this before. I am losing weight which I am glad about as I am overweight anyway

any advice?

starryxxx

Hi Starry

I get like this when depressed and you do sound very depressed sweets. I take multi-vitamins whether I am eating properly or not and would recommend that you get some.

You can also buy build up shakes from the chemist or better still get them prescribed by a doctor - they are called Fortisip. However, they are not a long term option but they may help you through until you are more settled and your desire to eat and cook returns.

I would definitely go and see you doctor and explain what is happening about how you feel about eating and the fact that eating is making you feel sick. Also, your meds may need reviewing because you have been depressed for quite a while now and perhaps you need more help.

I really feel for you because I know how hard it can be to get out of this cycle but it can be done.

Much love

xxxx

Starry sorry u feel so rough xx

like cats said maybe go drs to get help with how u feel.

Milkthistle is good when u drinking lots it helps the liver apparantly

defo try multivits and maybe fish oils

hope u pick up soon

emo xx

hugs to u starry defo try the multivitamins at least that will keep u healthy. try to eat little and often if it makes u feel sick

Thanks for the replies

I see my doctor on the 26th as she is on holiday at the moment.

I will go to holland and barrat on monday as I have to go into town anyway. I bought a couple of curry ready meals but couldn't face eating anything. Just had some yoghurt and raspberries though.

I will have to be brave about the doctor as I don't want any tests or anything. I'm sure it is down to my self-care going out the window which it has.

xxx

• 2 weeks later...

i think you feel sick whilst eating is cos your appetite is very low, when your appetite is low your stomach shinks making it hard to eat alot, your got to slowly build your appetite up, maybe say dont eat alot but have a nibble of something every hour, to build it up, it your teeth hurt cant you go to the dentist, i have a terrible fear of the dentist so know how scary it can be but maybe just go for a check up to see whats wrong x

Archived