Mental Health Forums

Rather Feel Pain Than Nothing At All

AmyP

after i nosedived when they reduced my venlafaxine dose it was put back up. but since then the flat, numb, nothingness has come back. its worse than feeling pain, at least i felt something and had a few highs.

so am coming off them again but guna try differently.

friend on here has given idea of creating a plan while im still stable in case of crisis and letting gp and bf know what to do.

then will talk about what will help when off them. maybe a prn instead and support. am starting dbt again so thats also there.

does anyone have any suggestions for what i can do in terms of crisis plan? maybe a good template, and also what support there is etc. ideas to get through and stuff.

thanks guys

Hey hunni im so sorry your feeling like this, I hope things pick up really soon and remember where I am if you need to talk!

I'll send you my recovery plan in a PM I'll leave all my details in to give you some ideas etc.

**Big Hugs**

Ollie

xxxx

hi pan, there was an excellent template on here ages ago so i'm wondering if someone may have a copy of it.

also have you considered any other type of anti d to replace the venlafaxine? i switched from venlafaxine to sertraline years ago (not on either now so can understand if you want to be as med free as poss) and found i was a lot less knocked out and could still have some highs. but then again i've read it doesn't agree with everyone and can cause insomnia, etc.

good luck with the reduction and its great you've got a plan in place xxx

thank you both really need help with this dont want to end up in crisis again. im so scared of losing my job and pushing bf away :/

its something to think about vivien hun, have heard sertraline can be helpful and havent been on it properly so might be worth thinking about

thanks for the plan ollie hun helpful to get ideas

xx

Archived