Mental Health Forums

Sertraline/ Lustral

skp67

Has anyone thats been on this drug eever experienced breast swelling, tenderness. My boobs have gone from being a non existent 34a to a 36 double d. I hate them so much its ruling my life right now, i have seen my psych doc this week who just said take them or come back into hospital for a total meds review. I am wary to do that after spending the majority of last year sectioned there.

I am in a real turmoil about it, i have come so close to self harming them so bad but my husband stops me.

Stupid question maybe but youre not pregnant? Are you on any other drugs? Ive never heard of anti d's doing this(doesnt mean its not possible) but its a common side effects for some anti ps.

I guess what you have to ask yourself is what weighs more;this side effects troubeling you or having to go back into hosp?

I have just looked on http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/drug-information/DR601237/DSECTION=side-effects

It lists Breast enlargement or tenderness as a rare side effect.

x

There is no way i could be pregnant as i have had a total hysterectomy almost 4 yrs ago, i'm not allowed hrt due to close family having breast cancer.

My other medication consist of

Sertraline 150mg

Quetiapine 600mg

Epilim 1200mg

Zopiclone 7.5mg

and various health related ones.

Amitrityline 25mg

i don't know about all of them but quetiapine can make u gain loads of weight, sertraline i was just put on and i've lost on it i can't tollerate moree than 100mg but i know it says it can cause facial swelling and if so to head to gp right away so perhaps it's manifestid in u another way.....whith ur female situation obviously it's not possible but some people have false pregnancies but either way something seems wrong there and i'd definately demand a full work up xxxxxx just a thought and not trying to worry u but have u had a check for breast cancer? xxxx

i have been on that drug and i did not like it at all. i didn't like the way it made me feel or the way it made my heart and head race at an alarmingly fast rate.

I must say my anxiety levels have been heightened for a couple of months now aswell. I'm seeing my support worker tomorrow before she's off for 2 weeks, she understands what i am saying and said she will back me but wouldnt come to the pdoc appointment last week.

Archived