Mental Health Forums

What To Do About Therapy?

Ollieclews

Okay so I've ballsed it up. First week I went and it was just the info session. The week after I didnt make it, I got myself worked up so much about it I just couldnt face it. Then this week I was in hospital after a "setback" and couldnt make it. The first week I missed I phones them and apologized, this week however I just couldnt bring myself to phone them as Im so ashamed :(

Im really really upset and annoyed with myself, Ive missed the first 2 important sessions and theres only 7 more left. Even thinking about the session on Thursday is making me anxious its such a horrid journey too it takes 2 hours to get there on 3 different buses all on my own and the same back.

So im really stuck with what to do I almost cant bring myself to go because Ive missed 2 sessions and messed them around and I dont really deserve their help and support.

So would love to hear if anyone has any suggestions!

Thanks,

Ollie

Hi Ollie

I personally think that if you think it would be helpful to go to the counselling sessions, then you should go. I wouldnt think too much about whether you feel youve messed them around etc. Afterall you have valid reasons, and even if you didnt.. they will probably know how difficult it is to go to counselling. It's a hard thing to do so it's nothing they wont have seen before.

I do also hear the journey to get to the counselling is really long and stressful.. is there anything closer to home that you could go to?

Anyway my personal opinion is that if you feel it could help and if you want it, then dont let what you think they may or may not think about you get in the way of you attending on Thursday.

I hope it goes well whatever you decide

xx

I think they will understand you not calling them, it wouldn't be the first time its happened to them. Others would of done it in the past, and they know sometimes the thought of therapy and talking about uncomfortable things is too much for people.

You do deserve the help/support they offer and they will not judge you cos you didn't attend before.

I would really try to go as lots of people have benefited from the experience of therapy but after last week if you really don't feel you are ready to go, then don't put yourself under the pressure of going as you will get other opportunities for therapy/counselling. xxx

Hi Ollie

I agree with Jenny and debbie, I am sure that others have missed sessions too and you do deserve support, Such a long journey that you have to make though, Why not take an Ipod it is what I do.x

Archived