Mental Health Forums

Today's Psych Appointment

Ollieclews

Was really positive as this last few weeks have been really hard for me. Things have been getting really bad this last week or so and after taking an OD last Wednesday things have really nosedived!

Anyway the psych was really really lovely, kind, understanding and I felt able to talk to her. I took a list of things to discuss to make the meeting easier! Anyways at first it seemed that she was pushing towards me going back into the Psych ward but I was determined that I didn't want to go so we agreed on another course of action to start with but she's said she I'll be monitored closely but if things continue I'll probs have to go back to the hossie! :(

So their assigning me a CPN, they've give me some PRN Diazipam and they are phoning me tomorrow to tell me what my new meds are, I'm going to be seeing the Psych Doc every 2 weeks, and they have told me to use the crisis team if I need to and that they will come out to assess me if they think its needed.

So in a way its all good but also I do feel like I've taken so many steps back after Ive worked so hard to get better but I guess having all of this support is better than me hitting rock bottom again.

So yeah just a little update, also off to see my GP tomorrow to talk about my weight and see If I can get some extra support!

Thanksf or reading :)

I'm so glad tour appointment went well and you'll be getting more support. It's not a step back at all. I hope it'll help in the long run to have his support and ease the crises. Xx

Thanks for your support guys! And I guess your right Jenny :)

And pandy as much as I didnt like my 2 admissions they did help, I think if their short kinda like respite their useful but I guess its different for different people! Anyways touch wood it wont come to that :) xx

(((Ollie))), you have been through a lot over these last months and held it together fantastically, but sometimes with that can come the other extreme, which is what you maybe experiencing right now. The greater the highs I believe, the greater the lows, but I'm really sorry to hear that you are going through this right now, but it is great news (I hope you know what I mean by this) that you have reached out for support and are receving it before you hit absolute rock bottom.xx Well done you for reaching out and thinking of you.xx

You just went as far as you could in one direction and now with support and meds you can carry on in a new direction. Its not a step back. X good luck x

Archived