Mental Health Forums

All Alone At My Party

lonelyheartemma

I'm having a birthday party in a chat room

I invited 22 people.

15 replied and said they would come.

yesterday on my birthday 3 people told me they wouldnt come, 2 more said they probably wouldnt.

4 people showed up.

now theyve all gone to bed except me.

I cant really go because other people are on different time zones and they might still show up.

but i'm just so aware that not even the people i know online wanted to spend that much time with me

my best friend said she would stay up for most of the night with me, she went to bed about quarter of an hour ago

she promised lots of things for my birthday and didnt do them

I'm not angry with her i just hate myself for not being likeable enough for her to keep promises

I am so sad and lonely and i have to stay here on my own for 4 more hours just in case someone else comes

its so depressing. I should have had a party here again that was so much better

I have two very special friends in my life x its not quantity its quality. You must be so upset about others but I'm sure they had good reason. Never take it personally xx

That is like the worst thing ever! People could at least fake interest by showing up, leaving the computer on and do something else. That would be mean and impolite too but sometimes it's better to believe in an illusion.

You must be so upset about others but I'm sure they had good reason.

No, as I understood, they never informed that they could not come to the party. And did they ever apologize the next day? If not, then they had no excuse nor any good reasons for this behavior.

emma xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please go to the 'Good day' section of the forum and read all of our Happy Birthday wishes to you! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Alizae is right, most of them just did not come and did not apologise today.

one of the 4 who showed up is actually one of the 4 who said she wasnt coming.

I was going to go to london and pay for a hotel for everyone, imagine if i had done that and they didnt come! so glad i was too ill to go to london or the humiliation would have been worse

I dont think i want friends now, i think people just dont like me

Oh, please don't think like that! Everyone needs and deserves friends. It is not possible to survive in loneliness. I know that sadly too well. Please never fall into a state where you lose your hope since in the end, the world is not a bad place (just a f*cked up and insane place).

I dont really want to survive tbh. but I will because i dont think i'd be any good at suicide.

but thank you for your reply Alizae and its really nice to meet you xxx

I don't want to bother you, but I sensed sadness in you. Do you want to talk in private? I understand that if you don't because you don't know me.

Thats really sweet of you :) I'm happy to talk on here if i can find the words because everyone is really great but theres always pm if you wanted to say something privately

Firstly, happy belated birthday hun. I'm so sorry that your birthday wasn't a good one, but as you can see from these posts and the happy birthday messages we were all thinking of you here so you are valued. :) I understand how you're feeling to a certain extent as my birthday sucked too, I felt lonely too. If you ever need to talk we're all here for you, and I'm on this site a fair bit so if you wanna PM me feel free to :) xx

thank you Missunderstood, Ithinkineedhelp and Maddison

Maybe we should just forget birthdays and just buy presents for people when the mood takes us. tho if there was no set day, maybe i'd never get presents!

maybe they arent Maddison. tbh I have only spoken to one of them since then and that was a very short convo. But I miss them.

I dont really want to survive tbh. but I will because i dont think i'd be any good at suicide.

but thank you for your reply Alizae and its really nice to meet you xxx

Hey!! I just read your msgs till this point. I can understand how bad you must have felt. But frankly, you should be around people who like you, who want your company, who make you feel good. I do not know the whole story or anything about your life and that of your friends, but personally I think it was great that out of 22, at least 4 showed up. Even though they did not stay up late (they should ve), but you can try to extend your friendship with them. It grows with time. If yes, then you can celebrate your next birthday with them. try joining some group act, get involved more and more. try once, twice , thrice... it will work.

First of all, you will have to feel good about yourself, be a radiator (give positive vibes). Be fun loving, cool... I guess the problem is low self-esteem and hence, in no circumstance should you let yourself feel down. There will be times when you feel bad, but you have to take it as a learning and move ahead. Be so open, so full of life (throw yourself to the world) that everyone feels empty without you. Do not ever show your low-esteem to anyone. Try to know more about people, their sorrows, their lives, their experiences, and add something to cheer them up. And informal the better. Informal down to earth behavior shows that you are fun to be with and not stuck up. Be selfless. Always keep smiling to every one - without the need for return. Have an identity. you can!! any more questions I will try to answer.

I keep going through these situations, but time and again, there is one fighting spirit which beckons! Life goes on, and you have to deal. There is no other way!

Gud luck!! please invite me to any party anytime. I will pop up!!

Hugs Emma, i am so sorry that happened, for what its worth i think you are an amazing person and people should be privledged to be your friend you have always been so kind and helpful to me you are truly a lovely, kind person.xx

I love you Addy <3 thank you. no one whos met me thinks that but its so nice to read it xxx

loser_loser if only i could do one of those things. then maybe i wouldnt have made the thread at all.

Archived