Mental Health Forums

Interviews Went Well

Data

Thursday and Friday I had a 343 mile round trip including 3 job interviews:

Fridays was the scariest as it was an all-day assessment. They put 11 of us in the room and made us wait ages, and nobody talked, it was freaky. Then they gave us two HARD computer programming exams. They were pen-and-paper exercises, which is more difficult than a computer, because you can't look anything up or test the programs. I found it really difficult.

Afterwards we had a talk given by a very important manager and that was difficult because I foolishly chose an apple. People were looking at me because I couldn't help but make crunching sounds! I tried to be as quiet as possible.

Then the recruitment lady came in and called out 6 names. One of them was mine, but there were two of us with the same forename, and she had to go out of the room and come back and it was my name. So 6 of us were taken to the reception area, I presume it was to show us out of the building as rejections, but to my surprise we had passed the tests! They then took us on an amazing tour of the company, and I had a short interview afterwards.

At the end they told me they would like to ask me back on another day for an in-depth technical interview.

Then on the way back to the hotel, I spoke to the recruitment agent about Thursday's interviews. Both went well! The first guy, who really stressed me out by making me solve HARD programming problems on the whiteboard, said that I had some good ideas.

The second guy said that I was:

• "head and shoulders above the other candidates"
  • "I really knew my stuff"
  • "I would fit well into a team"

In summary, it is likely that all 3 will invite me back for a second interview. The only problem is that the jobs are 120-140 miles from home, which means relocation. However, it was really nice that the stressful two days ended with a big pat on the back for me :).

Excellent news Data!! Your technical and people skills have really shone through - so proud of you xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

LOVE the apple story!! Hahahahaahaaaaaa!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thats great news! maybe you will be offered all 3 jobs. Its so nice of them to say such nice things, i am sure they mean every word but not everyone bothers about being nice. Its a shame you would have to move but maybe it will be a really good thing for all your family.

The Friday people have scheduled another interview with me next week (17th). I've not heard about the other two on Thursday so I'll chase them up tomorrow if they still haven't got back to me by then.

I had another interview today which is 100 miles from my home, I just got back 20 minutes ago. It went well I think and the guy was nice, although not sure its anywhere near my ideal job.

I have a telephone interview scheduled for tomorrow at 11am.

Archived