Mental Health Forums

... And Then It Comes Back

makebelieve

lately i've been trying so hard to focus on positive things, do things differently, behave differently, avoid triggers or things that bring me down.

i've been online collecting articles that help to boost my self esteem and just generally be more positive instead of moping around.

and then there, about 2 hours ago it came back. this deep, twisting, heavy, dark, horrible feeling.

now i just feel so, so low. i cant stop crying. i cant see a way out. i feel paralysed by this illness.

does this happen to you? how can i make the feeling go away...?

*hugs* sorry you are feeling so bad. When I get like that I try to get into something like a movie, book or game. Kind of keeps me distracted from the negative stuff but it is alright to feel bad sometimes, you can't be 100% positive all the time because it would not be fair on you. So you could maybe embrace negative and write down how you feel and why you feeling that way. Maybe something little caused you to feel bad. I feel paralysed sometimes as well but remember that you don't always feel like that, don't forget that you have had some positive thoughts and feelings.

Hi

Well done for collating articles etc. I wonder if there is anything else you could also put in place when you're feeling better, for the darker times. It's great that you have the articles.. are you able to read them now while you're feeling low? Or maybe you could get something else in place.. I made myself a 'Crisis Plan' which I have clearly written down, in steps, what I need to do to keep safe. I try to work my way through it and that can help.. sometimes it doesn't.. but it's something for me to focus on.

Hope things will improve for you soon

Jenny

I feel as though that has just happened to me. I'm due to go to bed, I feel anxious, dread for tomorrow. Every thing is ok then it stops.

Sorry I'm talking a bout myself in answer yes this happens to me and I just carry on I suppose. For a long time, the longest times in my life I didn't carry on I would stop and absorb as much pain as I could. Feeling as though I was picking it up scrambling my mind for memories to add to my burden and suffering. I stopped doing that, thank God.

I hope you feel better soon hunni.

Know exactly how you feel - I've been in the down stage for a few days now and struggling to push myself back into positive thinking even though I know I do feel better when I'm being positive..

hang in there, you'll get it back :)

Sometimes we just have to sit through feeling rough. We have accept that it is there to help us heal and move through. When we ignore our own pain we are really stuffing it down, it will surface later, so it is important to give it space to air. This is a part of grieving and healing.

Archived