Mental Health Forums

Building Bridges

Eagleheart

Over the past few weeks,i have got back in touch with someone who was a deeply cherished friend. Due to a misunderstanding and an unfortunate set of circumstances,the friendship died and i was left utterly bereft,because this person was like a true soul-mate.

Anyway,thanks to the miracle of good old facebook,i was able to track her down and we have been communicating via fb.

Today,we met up for the first time in 4yrs.I was so anxious about it,but we clicked again and it was like we used to be with each other. Thankfully,i have learnt lessons and also grown as a person,so we were able to talk through grievances and hurt.

I am so so happy that i bit the bullet and contacted her after all those years.Being with her is like getting food for my soul.

I actually managed to say sorry to her.I admitted my part of the blame.She didn't reject me!

I wanted to post about this because i realise that recently,my posts have been a tad "heavy".

I acknowledge the positivity in my life.I am thankful for it. xxx

Honestly Maddison,i resisted the whole fb thing for ages.My hubby eventually went ahead and set up a page for me without my knowledge and messaged friends as me.I was furious with him!

Now,a few months later,i use it EVERY day to contact friends. I now find it invaluable!!!

This is brilliant Eagle, I am so glad for you :)

As you know I have recently joined FB and a few friends have found me too and I have them.xx

good on you for your bravery in contacting your friend, true friends never really go away and are willing to forgive and forget, as for facebook it is a fantastic place its the reason i a am with my beutiful partner... thank you facebook :)

Thanks everyone.I want to share something that my friend said to me because it has radically altered how i feel about having BPD

She now works as a psych nurse,so she has a good understanding of MH issues. I was telling her how being dx BPD had had a very negative impact on me,with its connotations.Anyway,she said this " Every single human being has any number of the traits that are associated with BPD. The only difference is that people like me (and you) have a heightened level of self-awareness and think very deeply about things,and that's when it becomes problematic.

EVERY SINGLE HUMAN BEING HARBOURS BPD CHARACTERISTICS.

Take heart from that my friends,When you think about it,the truth of it becomes apparent.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Archived