Mental Health Forums

Do I Have Any Say?

AppleCrumble

In being discharged from CMHT?

Just been assessed and passed to psychotherapy, on a year long waiting list. Nothing til then :-( No one to talk to. Can I email and ask to not be discharged, and that I felt a bit shell shocked at the appointment yesterday and wasn't really thinking or putting thought into my answers. I probably have cut in the last month, I did say I felt as bad as I did before. We discussed wedding, and he said it sounded like I was going to go through with it, and no discussion would help. I guess I've switched off from feelings, or tried to around people, and didn't manage to switch on and connect for the appointment.

Can I email? They won't reply, Just don't want to be discharged back to Dr 'what do you want me to do about it?' grh :-(

Input would be good. Not used to CMHT, only just got assessed by them a month ago or two. xx

yes apple you could email them and explain what you have said here, a letter might be better as they tend to respond better to letters. I think what you need to say is what you need them for too. also I dont now what your relationship is with your gp, but I had one once who was happy for me to book an appt every 2 weeks just so I had someone I could turn to and keep in contact with.

a year is a long time ithout support, keeping in touch with your gp might be your best bet and ofcourse if you need to be referred again then they will do this.

but not emailing I am guessing you will regret, I just hope you can cope if they dont respnd or say no again.

take care hun x

you need to be sure what you want

say would once a month be ok could you manage that?

do you need more

talk to your gp say that you dont feel able to cope and just need somthing to keep you ticking over

then write it down be clear whith what you need

Lucy

I would always write rather than e mail. If you want to be sure of a response copy your GP into the letter. I made the mistake of not copying anyone in once before and they just labelled me with dependent personality Disorder and threw me out telling me further contact was not appropriate. When you write state your reasons for wanting thier support clearly, and the sort of support you need without ranting. That will give you the best chance of a positive outcome and your GP's support of your request.

Good luck.

Archived