Mental Health Forums

Quetiapine Xr And Depression

angel tears

Hi I am taking 300mg quetiapine for a few months now to help my BPD but I am feeling very depressed and lost. I am also grieving right now so I know that I can expect some depression but I am getting to the point where I don't want to get up and when I do I feel too down. Can an anti-depressant be added to the quetiapine?. I am struggling with my rage too. I can't attend my therapy group as they don't think that I am right for group any longer and I can't have grief counselling as my daughter is still alive.... She is being adopted against my wishes.

I haven't had any psychiatric follow up since I was put on this drug. Should I ask for one?.

Thanks xx

My partner has just had another anti dep added on top of her Venlafaxine, mitazapine to help with her depression and been told by her psych she can start cutting down on her Quetiapine but she had to get her follow up psych app brought forward to get this, i sometimes think docs dont know how to deal with bpd and either increas pr decrease the meds you are already on its better to talk to psych as they are much more clued up on yourmeds feelings and backround , they know what meds are better for you and how to reduce increase or add new ones to suit your needs x

hi yes you definitely can. i would go back to gp and ask for referal to mental health team. and i sure you must be able to get some form of councilling. theres so much they can do with meds. so sorry to hear about your daughter.

Hi AngelTears,

Pdoc would be a good one a others have said because they would know your situation best over a gp. An AD could be added to the mix, but whether they might think this situational depression over the loss of your child might come into play, in which they might want to offer some kind of counselling. (Although I would say it might help to have an AD to help you get started into the therapy)

You prob already know about different sites on forced adoption, but have found one where they talk about support for the birth parents and can put you in contact with others going through the same thing to support one another.

Dunno if it might be any help in your situation, but have posted it here just in case it's of some use for you hun.

http://www.afteradoption.org.uk/page.asp?section=00010001000100030007

• 4 weeks later...

Archived