Mental Health Forums

Friendship Thread

fedup!

Hi all,

I really feel strong friendships have pulled me through the darkest times of my life and have made me so glad to be alive.

Please feel free to post here in tribute to the power of friendship. List your friends and reasons why you love them, post videos, lyrics, poetry, film clips, quotations....whatever.

**please - no negativity. Let's keep this thread really positive**

I dedicate this to my beloved friend P - he had the best laugh, was always upbeat and a paid up member of our gang. I love you, P xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ak0-VFSfEk

My friend T...super intelligent, very shy...I don't always like it how you don't state your opinion but confirm mine whenever it is some sensitive issue,but you are an absolutely amazing person!!!

Miss S....I know there are times we don't get on too well..but I appreciate you..you are hard-working and principled. Didn't I tell you to believe in yourself when you were doing that administrative stuff with Ms Bowder... I wish you good luck in America

My friend M.....I know we haven't seen each other for a long time...you have a baby now...I really appreciate everything we had, and even though the best days of our friendship are a matter of past, I still know that you know me as a person and that I know you, and that whenever we are together we always have an awesome time..

My brother....I hate you getting into fights to defend your friends...and I hate it how you have grown up and are no longer my little brother...but you will always be my friend...There is this lousy song whose last part I've always liked...."Remember there's rain, there's candy and Christmasy winter snow, and remember I love youthe same and I'll strangle your pain and he tells me to sing and I sing and I sing for my brother who keeps me sane and tells me everything will be OK"

My true and genuine friend..my fiance...Your course on horseracing last night to distract me from feeling worried is one of the things I'll never forget..You leaving Eric last night to take care of me while you were doing laundry is something I'll never forget...you are amazing!

And hope for my acquaintance F who's gonne missing :( Another friend texted me this morning saying nobody heard from you for a few days....I hope you are OK.

and a friend I made on this forum...Nat....you are awesome....I very much appreciate your frienship :)

ah darn it, I forgot! (((((((my friend Se)))))))) I still remember us going to basketball matches all dressed up :D I am glad that we have been seeing eah other quite often recently as at one point it seemed like I could not forgive you for dumping me after you got a boyfriend! :D I guess it was just a phase...We are so different but I always enjoy spending time with you.

Professor N.....you were a great teacher back in high school and your lessons in French and Italian were amazing...I really appreciated you telling me that you were willing to help me in every way possible when I told you that my MA thesis compares certain aspects of the noun phrase structure in English, Bosnian, French and Italian. I am glad you got the job at the university and you bring smile to my face whenever I see you. I loved all of us going out. It's a shame we don't do it anymore.

Actually I'llsay this even though it hurts

twins--we shared our wartime childhood, and the day your father was killed was one of the saddest days in my life. I still remember walking down those stairs and wondering if you knew...if they told you. I hear that you are doing well now....and I hope it stays like that..I cannot ever be part of your life again because I remind you of that..I was there with you when you saw your dad for the last time...he made us sandwiches and then went to the front.

M--See we could never get on when we were kids,you were a year older than me, but you were an important part of my childhood...and then towards the end of the war you were killed. I don't know what to say.

Sorry, this is supposed to be a positive thread...I guess I needed to say that.

Absolute you ARE using this thread positively!! Even though the stories may be sad you are still glad of the friendships, regardless of the circumstances.

thanks for sharing xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• 2 weeks later...

Archived