Mental Health Forums

Need Somewhere To Rest

ruffryder

hi every one

this is just a thought im having as im not at complete dispair at this moment in time

but i really feel most of the time that i need a break out of this life is there somewhere i can go iv tried to admitt myself to hospital a few times but they wont take me in just feeling suicidal is not enough for them to get help apparently but a lot of the time i cant seem to get enough time to rest myself over a really bad few days and can take weeks sometimes for me to get over it and the support im getting at home is not doing me any good i just need somewhere i can relax a bit and feel comfortable i know there probably isnt and as the hospital wont take me im f****d but ya never know lol

i find walking helps me clear my mind, or hill climbing, fishing ect, somewere were i can be alone with my thoughts with no interuptions, but i dont know if being alone with your thoughts is what your after,but i does help me clear the cobwebs out my brain

i dont mind a bit of walking but the area i live in is quite high in crime and no matter how i try i dont feel safe walking around i so want to move just so i dont feel like iv got to watch my back there are a lot of muggings here iv been mugged before and its not nice also a few of my friend have been stabbed because of muggers you can understand my fear

also i would like to go fishing iv never been properly but iv not got no one to go with to show me how to set up my brother is always saying he will take me one day but dont think he has the time really

id just head out early on a sat/sun morn get out the city, not far out, or head to one of the public parks in a safe area headphones on n walk, im lucky im only a 25 min car journey to lock lomond and i have lots of hills there or i go home to see bannanas at weekend and shes in the countryside but i do enjoy walkin in the city centre too may be thousand of people there but its easy to feel alone in a city centre i like just lookin at the sites , monuments, building, people ect here in glasgow we are very lucky that all museums parks and council owned property are free entry

watch some fiching shows on telly google how to fish get cheep equipment and just wing it you learn from the people you meet fishing, catching fish is a bonus but its the solitude, peace and quiet that is the goal

i find doing certain things on my own very hard but funnily enough other things i seem to have to do alone and as for going to the city im in london there are a few good places to go but i just cannot handle the crowds i have sort of felt what you was discribing and can see how great it must be to do that but sadly it just does not work for me i get too stressed and too anxious to enjoy being there i would love to walk the hills tho must be so peaceful may have to come live with you haha

its the same for Mrs me she has panic attacks in glasgow city centre, there is an easy way to visit the perfect city centre n thats through art, pick the place youd like to visit that day but cant, because of crouds then draw it from memory or a pic but without the crouds ;)

im pretty usless at art but im trying to learn musical instruments such as guitar and key board but over the last 10 15 years its been hard to keep the practice up because of stress and life problems but im going to keep trying even if im 50 when i can play there is a new game out on the xbox a bit like guitar hero but you use a real guitar and it teaches you really looking forward to getting it i do love my games lol

would have loved to play an intrument but not got the concentration for it , art is not about being a good drawer/painter its about imagination and how you view your work not others all artistst are there own biggest critics im no way a good artist but i enjoy drawing even if its doodling it keeps my brain thinking, other things to do is you say you come from a ruff area, i bet it wasnt always like that why not research it, wht was there befor the buildings that are there now , why is it called what it is were did the streets/buildings get there names try and find old black n white pics of the area n compare it to today set yourself a mini project join the local library give your self something to think about each day

Archived