Mental Health Forums

Cat In Season

ruffryder

i know this post wont really mean anything but i thought id let you all know i have a very horny cat she has been like it for over a week now no matter how annoying she is i feel so sorry for her lol

oh i understand

my ex-ma-in-law used to breed cats so i am totally aware of the yowling and all that stuff...

are you breeding from your cat? cos you can put them on the pill if you aren't at the moment!

Oh dear! A friends cat does this, and it drives her crazy. Im glad my girl is spayed and boy is castrated. Couldnt cope with the yowling orhim disappearing looking for the ladies!

Are you gonna get her spayed?

Xx

Tbh mate id strongly advise against that.

I know the jury is out for a lot of people on whether or not its better for a cat to have a litter before being spayed (theres no medical evidence to prove there is, but some people who are pro-litter argue that to spay thrm before they have a litter is denying them one of their main natural instincts) but over the past year ive worked closely with my local cat and kitten rescue, and the.amount of young cats and kittens that.end up there is heartbreaking.

You.might even be able to ensure that you find them all homes, but whos to say those homes will last? And in my opinion, there are.more tham enough cats and kittens already here in shelters and rescues, in.vets, being put to sleep as they are strays who have become feral, or who are put to sleep because they have genetic or other health complications brought about thru their.mum being overbred. Nevermind the risks of infections that the queens are exposed to if they do mate, and the stress of carrying and delivering a litter.

The rescue i help is only v small compared to others around the area and around the country, yet i have recently fostered 4 kittens, there are another 30 kittens being fostered til they find new homes, and the rescues kitten centre is as maximum capacity of 40 kittens too. Not to.mention the 70 cats from 6 months old to one who is 15.

I believe that the cats in rescues should be in forever homes before people breed cats and rehome them over the cats and kittrns who are already here .

Xxx

hey thanks for the advice soozie made me think maybe its not a good idea she has had a litter already and she seemed to really enjoy mothering them but as there are so many cats being put down because people cant look after them its pretty sad i would love to work with animals it must be great when i was growing up my house was like a zoo we had loads of animals lol

Aww bless her. You know, most rescues and shelters appreciate offers to foster animals until a forever home is found for them. If its something youd like to do might be worth contacting them :) i grew up around animals too... Mainly cats, lots and lots of cats lol my nana used to take in strays and at one point took in a pregnant queen who had a litter of 6 at my nanas, plus her own 3 cats and another 3 strays :) but had dogs, and various reptiles plus rabbits, mice, rats, hamsters, and a chinchilla too. Xx

we had cats dogs chickens ferrets rabbits chinchilas paranas we even had a 16 foot python it took 3 people to lift him in the end im not sure about getting any more animals im in a 1 bed flat so not much room and i struggle to look after myself most days lool i did have a corn snake but had to get rid of him because i couldnt look after him enough

• 2 weeks later...

One of mine is in season ATM and driving me stir crazy, i have to shut the bedroom door when im sleeping coz i get punchy in my sleep... shes being booked in soon cannot bear the noise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xx xx xx

Archived