Mental Health Forums

Appts This Week

lonelyheartemma

I saw my haemitologist and my GP this week.

The haemotoligist dropped a bit of a bombshell, she said i have 2 auto immune diseases. I tried to ask what they were and what could be done to help them but my mum was with me and she wouldnt let me ask. But i'm kind of worried about that. The auto immune diseases I know about are serious. my GP says there are some little ones that dont need to be treated and its probably one of those as the haemotologist doesnt want to see me for a year. But I'm quite scared about it.

then my GP has decided i should go back to the cmht as she is worried about me. she said i was obviously having a bad day. She seemed so worried i didnt like to say it was actually quite a good day. I dont want to go back there again but we agreed my GP would write a letter to the head doctor to say she is worried about me but she doesnt want to refer me back unless they are actually going to help me with the issues that are the reasons why she refered me. But I'm really worried about going back because even if they do make promises to my GP i dont trust them to keep their promises and I dont want to go through that invalidating experience all over again.

HI emma,

I know you had a bad experience before but you might get a different worker and it sounds like your gp is determined to get you the right support.

i guess its also up to you to be clear what you want, which from what you have said before is maybe a personal support worker who can help you manage with emotional stuff partculary with your family and strict confidentially between you and them which includes them not talking to your mum and some help to find accomodation and preparing for this. Instead of them just sending you to groups. But I could be wrong.

Hi Emma,

try not to panic about the auto immune thing. I have an-auto immune disease and it's no big deal. I take a pill everyday and everything is fine. Auto immune diseases can be serious, but I think if yours was they would be offering you review appt much sooner than 1 year. Mine is very mild and I only get reviewed once a year.

Hugs.

thank you Shadow. I'm sorry you have one too but its good to know they can be not too serious. I dont want to be nosy but do you know how you got it?

Christine you are right, that is what i need. But i can't trust them to provide it. my social worker said she would give me emotional support and help with finding somewhere to live. But her idea of emotional support meant ignoring what i said or laughing or saying "thats not a real problem" or "no one would do that" or "that didnt happen" or "you dont really think that" or "there is a crisis number but thats for people who really need help, not people like you".

The occupational therapist had a few ideas but a couple of them would have pissed my mum off massively and guess who would have got the blame for that! So i wrote to suggest some changes but said if it was that or nothing i'd take what she offered. I never heard from the ot again and my social worker said i'd declined her offer of help. I think that was unfair, i think they should either have said from the start that it was that or nothing or the OT should have replied saying "if you dont accept this help as it is then you will be treated as having declined our services". But i had no contact from her again. I only found out when the social worker discharged me too.

also my social worker seems to have refered me to groups behind my back because i didnt refer myself there, I just randomly got a letter saying i was on a waiting list and the records said the referal came from me.

so even if they agree to give me what I need it doesnt mean i'll get it. thats what worries me. They'll say i declined everything and didn't want to be helped. But the advantage this time is i'm not expecting anything from them so they probably can't hurt me as bad as they did before.

I can understand why you are wary of thier input. I hope it works out well for you this time.

I don't know how i came to have an auto immune disease - I think it was triggered by pregnancy and childbirth - but perhaps the timing was just co-incidence. It isn't something you cause or catch - it just happens. Hope you feel reassured about yours.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks shadowgirl.

obviously the big auto immune disease is aids which can be caused by unprotected sex which i have had tho i did not consent to it. the guy says he's slept with everyone from madonna to a couple of 15 yr olds (i was one of them) and he says he never uses condoms because he's too big :/

so i'm worried i got it then and I dont want people to see it on my records and assume things about me.

Archived