Mental Health Forums

Places Like Mind

lonelyheartemma

I didnt like Mind when i went there, there were lots of horrible experiences

-the staff thought i was sleeping with lots of the guys (i kissed 2 of them, i've never willingly slept with anyone)

-I was removed from my voluntary job for the above reason

-I was told i could only be a 'welcomer' for new people if i only spoke to the young people because the older people would find me offensive

-the women talked about how i shouldnt be here because i was young

-the guys followed me to the toilets and tried to kiss me/followed me home making suggestions i didnt like

-one guy started stalking me

-when i tried to talk about sexual health (i was trying to get onto telling them about rape) they made me discuss it in the main room in front of everyone

I dont want to go back to them, i want to feel i'm safe there. If the same guys are still there i dont want to see them again.

so i was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere that was like mind but different?

hi emma have u tried googling what places are around ur area? just put in mental health support places or what ur thinking u may find some places u never knew i about. thats partly how i found addaction for people with addiction and it was nhs funded. Also not sure if u have a pdoc or therapist or what not, they should also have leaflets about what places is run in ur area.

Good luck and sry that what ur experiencing isnt good as its not. So don't feel that your asking for this kind of attention. xx

thank you Maddy, you can probably see why I dont want to go back to Mind! I did try to go to a mind in another area but it was a long way to go and they said if a guy followed me home it was nothing to do with them because we would be off the premises.

thank you Jasmine, I'll try rethink. I had a feeling there were others but i couldn't remember the names.

thank you Barbones, is there any way of knowing if the groups are 'proper' support groups? or am i being overparanoid? I know Rethink is a proper one because i remember people talking about it now Jasmine has told me the name. My mum said i was asking for it as i was "flirting without understanding what I was doing" but she has some strange ideas.

Archived