Mental Health Forums

I Am Finished.

Maddison

Would you like to share with us what things you need to do?

If you are feeling overwhelmed, then I think the most important thing is to concentrate on yourself - try and distract or think what you can do to make yourself feel a little better.

Thanks Pan and Data. I feel a little better now I went to the centre where I help out some times and it was good to talk. I've anxiety lately and with the hives I had on my face it was over whelming me.

I am hosting a Halloween party and it is stressing me out, I've many guests of all ages and it is was supposed to be fun and it is starting to feel like a night mare, sort of funny as it is Halloween!

i am feeling like you too Maddison. I started 3 day group therapy 8 weeks ago and i feel as though the lid on my "keeping things together" pot has started to come off and i have cried buckets this week. Today is the first day i havent cried my heart out and i am trying to keep my thoughts in check. I host language students for a living and each evening i have to cook a meal and sit and chat with my 2 students and i am finding this increasingly difficult. I am scared i am going to have a break down and lose my home. The language students are my only income and pay my mortgage. I feel so helpless at times and i get into such a state of distress and i am scared i wont be able to hide this distress in front of my students.

It takes a lot of effort Maddison but try to centre yourself and remind yourself of the things that you do manage and take one thing at a time. I seem to be able to put a lot of pressure on myself that isn't necessary but it seems to gain momentum in record time and before i know it i am feeling helpless :crying_anim:

Thanks Dee and Angel.

Angel I do the same with pressure I feel obligated to create situations that I find difficult to cope with! I hope you can keep going with your job.

thank you Maddison... i hope you are feeling a little better today xx a kind person once told me that "stress is a reaction to a belief in us that we wont cope with a situation". Today I have been on a mission to keep telling myself I will be fine and I can manage.... i will be fine... i can manage... i will be fine! Its so much harder to keep your mind on positive thoughts than negative ones isnt it?!! negative thinking is soo easy to do... i seem to like to torture myself

Archived