Mental Health Forums

(Uk) Can I Request For Work Program Or A Mandated Contractor To Have A Qualified Health Advisor ?

Aspiemanjoe

Hello, all not sure where to put this, so its gone general.

I have the work problematic interaction of IBS and high function Aspergers (all proven) and am dealing with Work scheme providers who just patronize my problems (as if its taboo to have them) and say everything will be OK. That turns out to the nonsense it sounds. They then mandate me on to non outcome based programs without really any serious thought (to get some of their bonus payment). Then I get sanctioned for the inevitable interaction problemss, even accused of misconduct when it’s a blame avoider in charge.

Can I force these prime providers and their subcontractors not to misrepresent my situation by having all their ideas for me forced to be run by somebody with qualifications that can review advisements for these conditions ?

A related question is what happens if I refuse to give consent to a mandated activity until I check if equality act provisions are in place ? i.e. by asking for their proposal to be referred to an independent body.

Or more to the point, if they are being obtuse can a disabled client refuse to consent to their information being passed to providers if they cannot produce evidence for how medical evidence based equality polices will be put in place ?

Hi Aspiemanjoe,

Welcome to the forums.

I'm guessing you are on JSA and are talking about the DWP/Job Centre?

In every Job Centre, they have a Disability Advisor. They can be somewhat elusive as i would imagine they are quite busy, but are much nicer to deal with in regards to the usual pushy JC staff the majority sign on with.

Give the Job Centre a ring and ask for an appointment with their Disabilty Advisor, whilst still keeping your regular sign on date and appointments. Discuss your situation in full when you have the appointment with the Disabilty Advisor. Usually (well, i say usually, but this is from my own personal experience in the past) they will take you on as a client and you will sign on with them. You would get better help too, that's more suited to your needs.

Aurora :)

Archived