Mental Health Forums

How The Hell Do We Stop Eating

walker

I've put on weight and I know it is the evenings eating that is the problem. During the day I am ok and can usually resist but by about 8pm I don't care and I start eating chocolate, toast, crackers. I'm not hungry it is comfort.

dont knwo what this is

need to get some alcohol inside to stop the eating but dont have any ffs fk this

managed to stop for a bit before dinner

then 4 biscuits waitign for it then dinner then something we dont even rememneber then youghurt then 2 choc bars all straight off

how the hell do we stop

not alcohol no

we need that just now to stop the food

food?

comfort?

punishment anger rage emptiness .................................................

walker I'm useless at the mo. But you are a dear friend to me on this forum so just wanted to say that, like everyone else here, we love you loads xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have just joined this forum because I need to admit that I have a problem with food. I seem to just shut down when it comes to being sensible about eating. I can go to the cupboard/fridge and unconsciously eat all the wrong things and then get the bad guilt feelings after. My eating habits are very poor, I often go nearly all day without eating and then pig out all evening. Everyone says you must eat breakfast blah blah blah but just the thought of eating in the mornings makes me feel physically sick. I can't believe I am the only person like this, has anyone else overcome this problem?

• 1 month later...

A couple of tips that might help.

1. When food shopping don't buy those produts that you find yourself nibbling at between meals. So no biscuits, crips, choc. bars etc...instead find a more healthier like fruit or low-calorie biscuits.

2. When cooking, cook less in the oven/frying pan etc.

3. Use smaller plates.

4. Leave one bite left on the plate, i.e dont finish everything thats on your plate.

Keep yourself busy, you sound as if you get bored and eat something just to pass the time.

If you want to stop eating then it starts when you go shopping. Buying the correct foods, foods you wouldnt feel guilty eating if you pigged out on them. It took me ages to stop buying crisps and cakes and buiscuits ect. But now i dont have it in my cupboards, i obviously cant eat them and find myself either leaving it alltogether or eating something i do have. Either way, ive lost alot of weight just buying the right food and forcing myself away from the comfort stuff. It wont solve the underlying issues, (WHY you choose to eat) but as a quick fix, it works. Just make sure you have your sensible head on when you go shopping! :)

• 3 weeks later...

i have the problem where my stomach doesn't tell my brain that it is full, think its the tablets i'm on, i'm constently hungry no matter how much food i put inside my self. i'm only 7 stone though so putting on a bit more waight wouldn't be a bad thing. unfortunatly my head doesn't see it that way as i have anorexia so i really struggle with the waight thing. i wont even have a set of talking scales in the house unless you count the kitchen ones...

Archived