Mental Health Forums

Coming Off Meds Making Me Put On Weight! Please Help

AmyP

im coming off my venlafaxine atm and am nearly completely off it. i think it must have been working to stop me putting on weight or as an appetite suppressant. now that im not taking it i've put on about half a stone :( just dont understand im not really eating much im deliberately not because of the weight.

has anyone else experienced this and do you know if it should stop when im fully off them?

im not eating any more than before i went on them so shouldn't be putting on weight so fast like this

is really scaring me, have started panicking when i get full and making myself ill again. cant put on weight just cant

i feel so horrible :(

really need some advice

I have never been on Venlafaxine but I have gained or lost weight whilst coming off meds in the past. Sometimes its just a temporary thing as your body adjusts.

I probably haven't made you feel any better Pandora...sorry, weight gain sucks :( . xxx

My weight is like a yoyo at the moment and I seem to have gone from anorexia to binge eating.

If anything my weight is a major concern for me and always has been.

I too am on venaflaxine but I'm on trial and error with other .medication so couldn't specifically which one.

I'm sure if you maintain healthy eating you will be fine :)

I know I'm new but I'm here if you ever need to chat x

• 1 month later...

Sorry i can't help with your situation but i know the feeling! I have started new meds, and since i have i have put on over a stone within a few months! its awful! I'm going back to my doctor to say that i can't cope with the weight gain! it's so distressing so i know how you feel!

xxx

Archived